Lockerbie (New T/S)

A new T/S has opened recently in Lockerbie town centre.
Southbound come off at j17. At the top of the slip turn left, to the r/about turn right. Down the road which runs parallel to the M74 (its the old A74) till just before you reach a bridge over the road and motorway. Take the road to the right up to the T/junc. Turn right and follow the road straight on, across the main road (stopping at the stop sign of course), into the t/s.
Northbound come off at j18. At the top of the slip turn right, to the r/about, straight on onto the road parallel with the M74 till you come to the bridge over the M/way and road. This is the same bridge as mentioned above.
Once off the motorway, the route is signposted quite clearly so you shouldn’t have any probs finding the place.

:confused:COULDN’T FIND THE ONE IN TOWN CENTER SO ENDED UP IN NEW ONE ON OLD A74 GOOD FOOD CLEAN WASH ROOMS AND FRIENDLY STAFF WELL LAID OUT BUT TRAINS AT TOP END MAIN SCOTLAND / ENGLAND LINE CAN BE BUSY

The one in the town centre is now a,hold your breath, :open_mouth: :imp: :smiling_imp: TESCO. Now theres a shock!

Been open since last year does gorgeous food for a good price to and loads of room for parking. Do rooms to and think there might be a bar open now? I found it easier heading off for annandale services think junction 16 sign posted down country road unless its other truck stop im thinking of :smiley:

There are two now serving Lockerbie.

The biggest is near Johnstonebridge - for nothbound come off at Junction 17 and take B7076 north . It is about 4 miles on your right. For s/b come off at Jct 16 Annandale Services, go under motorway and take B7076 south for about 1.5 miles and it is on your left.

There is another smaller overnight area at Junction 19 Ecclefechan - for both northa nd southbound traffic come off at Jct 19

Stayed at the new t/s on monday for the first time and would definately recomend it .
Food was hot and fresh
Toilets and showers were clean and fresh.
Staff were efficient and friendly
The only slight down side is railway line at the rear of the park but to be honest it did’nt really bother me that much.
I will definately use this truckstop again and I would encourage you guys to give it a try . You know the old saying “use it or lose it”
well it would be a pity if this new truckstop did’nt survive afterall there is’nt that many decent one’s about .

alfa man:
Stayed at the new t/s on monday for the first time and would definately recomend it .
Food was hot and fresh
Toilets and showers were clean and fresh.
Staff were efficient and friendly
The only slight down side is railway line at the rear of the park but to be honest it did’nt really bother me that much.
I will definately use this truckstop again and I would encourage you guys to give it a try . You know the old saying “use it or lose it”
well it would be a pity if this new truckstop did’nt survive afterall there is’nt that many decent one’s about .

I dont think it is a case of no-one using it Alfaman, most of the times I have been in, it has been reasonably busy, never packed, but enough to make it worthwhile. Scotland is much different to the rest of the UK as parking is not really a problem up the A74 / M74 corridor. To survive they have to give a good service, and thankfully Lockerbie do.

I stopped there last week and its bang on the money,the showers are clean and powerful not like sitting under a leaking tap and the food is cooked to order,one of if not "the best"one if your travelling on the M74

Very good :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Anyone got a postcode for the old sat nav?

Ken.

Yep, DG11 2SL

Good to see the positive feedback on this truck stop

We have been using it since it opened… and have only had the very odd time when food hastaken time to be served …■■■■ it is cooked to order

As others have said staff friendly … good facilities… showers are excellent…

If train noise affects u park in bottom corner away from train line… change overs are done at the top end where train line is…

:grimacing:

I stayed at the end of 2008, lovely hot food, spotless loo and good bar. Quiet too! :smiley:

This place now has fuel, key fuels only though at the mo.
Excellent place, use it quite often myself.