Speed limits on a66

A mate of mine has just received a NIP for doing 49 on the A66 now I thought 40mp was the limit on single road…he says there were 4O MPHsigns in place because of roadworks and the limit is 3o for hgv when it says 4O Cos of roadworks…is he right.

camera car by the way :cry:

Am i reading this wrong…but hes been done for doing 49 in a 40 zone? if so whats the problem??

LIFESABITCH:
A mate of mine has just received a NIP for doing 49 on the A66 now I thought 40mp was the limit on single road…he says there were 4O MPHsigns in place because of roadworks and the limit is 3o for hgv when it says 4O Cos of roadworks…is he right.

camera car by the way :cry:

No. Your friend is an idiot and has obviously never taken a test or read a copy of the Highway Code. Had he done that, he’d know that in a national speed limit area ,signified by a diagonal black line on a white circle, or any other limit above 40MPH on a single carriageway, the speed limit for all vehicles over 7.5t is 40MPH.

In fact I would go so far as to say that if your friend is as incompetent as he has shown himself to be, from what you’ve said he claimed, that he sends his licence off to DVLA and asks them to remove Cat C entitlement so the rest of us can drive in safety.

www.bsm.co.uk …he needs it.

Can you expalin bit better it just looks like a garbled message to me.

NO he says that the road is 40 usually but temporary 40 signs are in place and he thinks they are doing him for 49 IN a 30 because he thinks where the speed limit is reduced to 40 from 60 then the hgv limit is 30 …I think :unamused: :unamused:

Basically the OPs dumbass friend got caught doing over 40MPH on a single carriageway section of the A66 and because they’re so clueless they seem to think that because there were no 40 limit signs that they didn’t commit an offence. The dumbass friend of the OP has also stated that in roadworks signposted with a 40 limit, the limit for HGVs is 30.

Quite obviously, the OPs dumbass friend hasn’t got a clue and the best bet would be if they gave up driving.

Maybe you would like the dumbass to come and let you educate him…not far away my friend :smiling_imp:

Fight! A fight…!! :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

YAWN I hate nights makes me grumpy as well

LIFESABITCH educate is the operative word

thecoder0 LOL :laughing: :laughing:

LIFESABITCH:
NO he says that the road is 40 usually but temporary 40 signs are in place and he thinks they are doing him for 49 IN a 30 because he thinks where the speed limit is reduced to 40 from 60 then the hgv limit is 30 …I think :unamused: :unamused:

highwaycode.gov.uk/ :laughing: :laughing:

He could also try this…?
dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=305

Oh ok i got it so he was doing 30 in a 40 when the sign said 40 but its actually 30 BUT becasue he was doing 49 in the 30 which was actually a 40 then he got a ticket fo doing 30 in the 49 but it was 40 in the 30 bit?.

Personally i have NEVER been over the 66 and done 40 i feel guilty with all the wagons that sit 3" from my bumper , i dont want to have to see them squashed on their own windscreen if i have to stop urgently.

LIFESABITCH:

surely he means they’re doing him for 39 and is assumiing it’s a reduced speed limit for the roadworks, wich it isn’t. if he were doing 49 he’d have got done weather the roadworks were there or not!

paul b:

LIFESABITCH:

surely he means they’re doing him for 39 and is assumiing it’s a reduced speed limit for the roadworks, wich it isn’t. if he were doing 49 he’d have got done weather the roadworks were there or not!

Either that or he thinks they’re doing him for “49 in a 30” when in fact they’re doing him for “49 in a 40” although in practice I can’t see what difference that would make anyway, either way it would surely be a fine and 3 points…

Paul

repton:

paul b:

LIFESABITCH:

Either that or he thinks they’re doing him for “49 in a 30” when in fact they’re doing him for “49 in a 40” although in practice I can’t see what difference that would make anyway, either way it would surely be a fine and 3 points…

Paul

Surely the fine and points could be raised from the usual 3 to possibly 6 given the speed increase if he were done for 49 in 30 as opposed to 49 in a 40.

Only guessing I am not sure

do beleive thats correct, more than 10 mph over the limit can carry more than a 3 point penalty, not sure weather it’s 6 or 4 though.

repton:

paul b:

LIFESABITCH:

Paul

:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: HURRAY
:bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

So whats the point of starting the topic then , were you dropped at birth ?