Whites Transport to cease trading

Well at least he won’t have to worry about the parking fines at membury anymore. Still sad tho to see another company go

motortransport.co.uk/blog/2022/ … -to-close/

If his attitude to his clients were anything like his rants no wonder he’s going bust.

Conor:
If his attitude to his clients were anything like his rants no wonder he’s going bust.

Because we all treat our clients the same as we treat robbing parking scammers [emoji849]

Conor:

If your attitude to real people is anything like your attitude on here I’m surprised your jaw hasn’t been bust :unamused:

On topic it’s a shame. Never heard a bad word said about then, kit was always decent and another UK based firm running to the EU that has unfortunately knocked it on the head. Shame as the pool for me to get back into EU work is just getting smaller and smaller :frowning:

This is Ray on the 1st October [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conor:

Conor commenting on attitude…the irony. :laughing: :laughing:

Wow what a shocker :open_mouth:

robroy:

Conor:

Did I miss the bit where going bust is mentioned :unamused:

toonsy:

Conor:

If your attitude to real people is anything like your attitude on here I’m surprised your jaw hasn’t been bust :unamused:

On topic it’s a shame. Never heard a bad word said about then, kit was always decent and another UK based firm running to the EU that has unfortunately knocked it on the head. Shame as the pool for me to get back into EU work is just getting smaller and smaller :frowning:

How concerned do you think poor old Carryfast feels?

Star down under.:

toonsy:

Conor:

Who cares? :laughing:

toonsy:

Star down under.:

toonsy:

Conor:

Who cares? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: excellent point my good man. :wink:

robroy:

Conor:

HAHAHA , :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Conor:

I never cease to be amazed at what a clueless moron you are

WhiteWhiteWhite:

This is Ray on the 1st October [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I hope thats no a cesspit your diving into
Ok, a simple question?
What happened for what seemed to be a prospering company to end up cease trading?

The answer is on the company Facebook page. Sad to see but fully understand the reasons.

30 years for Ray, 20 years for me. Just felt with the residuals so high for trucks and trailers it was the optimum time to sell up. We have 18 trucks, 29 trailers, majority of the equipment was bought and paid for as we didn’t lease or rent, so a huge chunk of Rays retirement money was in the equipment, Lots of uncertainty for next year as people are talking of a recession, soaring energy prices, fuel prices are still ridiculously high, working as hard as we have for so long, it’s not easy doing what we do. I’ve had hundreds of sleepless nights over the 20 years. Ray will take it easy and enjoy what he has built up, I will take my own path with plans I have put in place, this hasn’t happened overnight, we have been watching the market on used equipment and it’s starting to dip slightly. Timing is right for us, yesterday my phone has never been so busy. Many operators said they completely understand why we are doing it and a few of them said they felt the same. We currently have the best work and rates we have ever had, and made very good money. If we didn’t it wouldn’t have been worth it as it was very hard work. I just made it look easy [emoji23]

We have never been one to bull ■■■■, this is just a case of take the money and run. Every driver is re located already for new employment, we would have made sure of that anyway. Most of them have been “headhunted”

I will hugely miss this and it genuinely made me sad when I posted it on FB yesterday

There is a difference between giving up and knowing when to stop.

Cheers. Pete

Nice one Pete,.sounds like you are getting out at the right time,.and good to see you are still considering your drivers even at this time, by ensuring their future employment.
You have always struck me as an old style good to work for firm, who treats their drivers as an asset rather than somewhere between a necessary evil and ■■■■ on their shoes as many are like today, you and operators like you are a dying breed…good luck for you and your Dad’s future. (I m assuming it’s a father and son set up btw :smiley: )

(Btw I ain’t sucking up to you, as many on here have in the past, if you recall you used to call me Victor Meldrew as I was the one taking the ■■■■ out of the sychophants who were creaming themselves over your new Scania a few years ago. :laughing:
It still amuses me…)
Like I said…Good luck mate from Victor. :laughing:

Shame to see it go, but totally understandable with the reasons given. It’s a very impressive fleet and there’s not many proper firms like this left. Nice that the drivers have been thought of in this too. I wonder how many of the jealous steering wheel attendants on here that have been slagging him over the years would of been treated the same by their blue chip companies. Mind you it wouldn’t really matter, jobs plodding around in fleet spec sheds are ten a penny

WhiteWhiteWhite:
We have never been one to bull [zb], this is just a case of take the money and run.

Fair play to Ray. He built the business and deserves the payoff. Cannot knock a man who wants to enjoy the lat few years of life.
I love reading your Facebook posts Pete and I was wondering why you had gone quiet latley :smiley:
What is your future project going to be?

robroy:
Nice one Pete,.sounds like you are getting out at the right time,.and good to see you are still considering your drivers even at this time, by ensuring their future employment.
You have always struck me as an old style good to work for firm, who treats their drivers as an asset rather than somewhere between a necessary evil and [zb] on their shoes as many are like today, you and operators like you are a dying breed…good luck for you and your Dad’s future. (I m assuming it’s a father and son set up btw :smiley: )

(Btw I ain’t sucking up to you, as many on here have in the past, if you recall you used to call me Victor Meldrew as I was the one taking the ■■■■ out of the sychophants who were creaming themselves over your new Scania a few years ago. :laughing:
It still amuses me…)
Like I said…Good luck mate from Victor. :laughing:

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]