The "I got banned" badge of honour thread

Following on from the RDC ban thread, I’d love to hear the reasons why you got banned, and from where :laughing:

I got banned from Amazon tilbury a few years back - 2019 I believe. They were demanding drivers hand over their keys when getting out of their cabs to shut the back doors. I refused point blank as that was H&S gone too far for my liking, and when I got back to the yard I was hauled into the office, and told Amazon had banned me from Tilbury. I went in there the same week and continued until the current day. Nobody ever noticed.

Nigh on 50 years ago I was banned from Hull Dock (general cargo).With a colleague we arrived at 0730 with some special lined pipes which had to go directly from lorry to ship without touching the quay.Later that afternoon the foreman became abusive and domineering and insulting so I decked him.I was younger then and less tolerant.My mate offloaded both lorries.The dockers,to my surprise,said they were surprised nobody had decked their foreman before because he was an ignorant …My mate took another load next day and the foreman hadn’t forgotten me.Never been back since.Nothing to be proud of but I have my self respect.

Only been banned from two places; the first was Marlow foods at Stokesley, I was doing a fifty foot reverse onto a bay when I heard loads of shouting and bawling. I hit the brakes (as you do) and spotted an officious H&S bod flapping his arms and running towards me. I asked him what the problem was and he said I had no reversing bleeper which was a legal requirement. I responded that it’s not a legal requirement at all, to which he said it’s a site requirement. I then said “well you make lots of noise, why don’t you sit in the back of my trailer and shout beep beep beep?” Banned!

The second one was a place called Solway foods at Worksop. I had to go on the bay so consequently had to wear a hairnet. Once on the bay an obnoxious woman started screaming at me that I should have a beard snood on, I replied “I don’t have a beard” she replied “but you have a moustache “ I replied “so do you, where’s yours?” Banned.

Gidders:
Nigh on 50 years ago I was banned from Hull Dock (general cargo).With a colleague we arrived at 0730 with some special lined pipes which had to go directly from lorry to ship without touching the quay.Later that afternoon the foreman became abusive and domineering and insulting so I decked him.I was younger then and less tolerant.My mate offloaded both lorries.The dockers,to my surprise,said they were surprised nobody had decked their foreman before because he was an ignorant …My mate took another load next day and the foreman hadn’t forgotten me.Never been back since.Nothing to be proud of but I have my self respect.

Having your self respect is something to be proud of.

the maoster:
Only been banned from two places; the first was Marlow foods at Stokesley, I was doing a fifty foot reverse onto a bay when I heard loads of shouting and bawling. I hit the brakes (as you do) and spotted an officious H&S bod flapping his arms and running towards me. I asked him what the problem was and he said I had no reversing bleeper which was a legal requirement. I responded that it’s not a legal requirement at all, to which he said it’s a site requirement. I then said “well you make lots of noise, why don’t you sit in the back of my trailer and shout beep beep beep?” Banned!

The second one was a place called Solway foods at Worksop. I had to go on the bay so consequently had to wear a hairnet. Once on the bay an obnoxious woman started screaming at me that I should have a beard snood on, I replied “I don’t have a beard” she replied “but you have a moustache “ I replied “so do you, where’s yours?” Banned.

Hahahaha made my day that one hahaha

I wager a fresh 5 pound note that most of the stories on this thread will have happened in the poster’s own imagination only… :grimacing:

Or in moaster’s case, at least 50%… :grimacing:

(In mr. Moaster’s defence, as an ex squaddie, making up tall stories is like breathing… :sunglasses: )

keepthefaith:

the maoster:

Hahahaha made my day that one hahaha

Brilliant…I know exactly who you mean at Solway!

the nodding donkey:
I wager a fresh 5 pound note that most of the stories on this thread will have happened in the poster’s own imagination only… :grimacing:

(In mr. Moaster’s defence, as an ex squaddie, making up tall stories is like breathing… :sunglasses: )

Yeah, but have you met Maoster? I have, and some of his mates. Consequently I have a horrible suspicion he’s telling the truth… :open_mouth: :laughing:

I got a 3 day ban from Palletways Fradley for reaching 17mph (allegedly) in their 10mph limit. It was such an unusual sight to get past the gatehouse and the first left turn without a queue of wagons 2 lanes wide I got carried away.

Matey was a bit put out when he spotted me back there the next day, but didn’t pursue it when I told him I was just the ride along to show the new driver what to do.

I got banned from a fair few ,I always get them to take a photo so there’s no confusion as I don’t need or want to go back ,in fact I’am not to a few hundred quid so ban me before I’ve tipped bring it on ,last one nr Lincoln I got banned for having the blower to my ear on a dirt track ,the man said you got the phone to your ear no ■■■■ Sherlock .

the nodding donkey:

Assuming by Worksop moaster means manton wood ( sandwich’s ) , a place I loaded out of most days for years , I’d be more embarrassed to admit I was on the bay , because the only time you went on the bay was to load , and there was only a few daft enough to do that as the rest spent the day in there bunk or up the canteen
It was a long time ago , 15+ yrs ago at a guess ( squire / Paul & a lads name I can’t remember ( supported Leeds ) were the loaders when I went there
I’m sure moaster can come up with some good story ( reason ) why he was on that bay !!! Probably a greedy ■■■■■■ after the free sandwiches you got if you helped them load !!!
Nb though I must admit I did go on the bay & load at laurens Newark the cake place as I just couldn’t resist a cream Swiss roll , chocolate eclair!

Don’t care if these are real or made up, this could be the best thread ever :laughing:

ezydriver:
Following on from the RDC ban thread, I’d love to hear the reasons why you got banned, and from where :laughing:

I got banned from Amazon tilbury a few years back - 2019 I believe. They were demanding drivers hand over their keys when getting out of their cabs to shut the back doors. I refused point blank as that was H&S gone too far for my liking, and when I got back to the yard I was hauled into the office, and told Amazon had banned me from Tilbury. I went in there the same week and continued until the current day. Nobody ever noticed.[/quote
You got in the place , my recollection of that place (a few years ago ) were ques snaking round the bloody place & up the road , bloody nightmare on a Friday when you just wanted to swap tris

Awaits Carryfasts story of how he got banned from a DC because the weight spread configuration of the A frame was not according to the regulation blah blah blah.
(Im talking ■■■■■■■■ like the great man himself!)

Never got banned from anywhere as far as I can remember although shamefully have to admit to decking two or 3 asssole drivers who compromised my safety.
Road rage events I’m afraid. :blush:

msgyorkie:
Awaits Carryfasts story of how he got banned from a DC because the weight spread configuration of the A frame was not according to the regulation blah blah blah.
(Im talking ■■■■■■■■ like the great man himself!)

Carryfast just got banned from the whole haulage industry in 1999 when he’d run out of potential employers to approach because of his appalling attitude. :smiley:

Lucy:

the nodding donkey:
I wager a fresh 5 pound note that most of the stories on this thread will have happened in the poster’s own imagination only… :smiley: :grimacing:

Yeah, but have you met Maoster? I have, and some of his mates. Consequently I have a horrible suspicion he’s telling the truth… :open_mouth: :laughing:

I have always had a smart mouth and a sharp tongue :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve genuinely lost track of the places that I have been asked not to re attend…easy double figures :unamused:

Don’t know about Maoster, he’s capable of any ■■■■■■■ thing. :smiley: …but I reckon Beaver boy is lying.
I know him and he’s usualy such a quiet spoken mild mannered, and very modest inoffensive type of lad…so I ain’t having it.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: