Self employed hourly rate?

Hi all, looking for feed back on what the reilistic hourly rate or day rate you have to charge being self employed. and other advise or knollage anyone has in being self employed. downs sides, pit falls, up sides too it. any feed back will be apriacted. thanks

I wouldnt bother myself.I used to do it years ago.Toomuch hassle then.I dont know what the situation is now.I used to like not paying tax until I needed a big operation on the NHS,it would have cost $100000 in America but I got it for free.Its changed my attitude,Im happy to pay my tax now

Self employed as in you will operate and drive your own truck?

I’d check out IR35 first and foremost. You might not be as self employed as you think depending on your circumstance.

Do you have a RSA CPC ? ,maybe if you did you know the answer to your question.

jrt:
Hi all, looking for feed back on what the reilistic hourly rate or day rate you have to charge being self employed. and other advise or knollage anyone has in being self employed. downs sides, pit falls, up sides too it. any feed back will be apriacted. thanks

Wants to be now at least £20/hr.

Upsides: There are none now IR35 has arrived. Drivers used to claim travel to work mileage but you can’t do that as HMRC deem the first and last journey of the day to and from clients as ordinary commuting and not claimable.

Downsides: No holiday pay, no workplace pension contributions, many larger companies wanting monthly invoicing and clients not paying you.

Better being PAYE on agency. Agency gives you the flexibility of self employment, in that you can choose when you work, but without the downsides of having to wait weeks or months to get paid for work and chasing up those who don’t pay plus the benefits of employment such as holiday pay, workplace pension contributions and sick pay.

Conor:

jrt:

Wants to be now at least £20/hr.

Upsides: There are none now IR35 has arrived. Drivers used to claim travel to work mileage but you can’t do that as HMRC deem the first and last journey of the day to and from clients as ordinary commuting and not claimable.

Downsides: No holiday pay, no workplace pension contributions, many larger companies wanting monthly invoicing and clients not paying you.

Better being PAYE on agency. Agency gives you the flexibility of self employment, in that you can choose when you work, but without the downsides of having to wait weeks or months to get paid for work and chasing up those who don’t pay plus the benefits of employment such as holiday pay, workplace pension contributions and sick pay.

much apricated