MPG

Is it possible that a 40’ will be more economical being driven fast

Sorry?

the maoster:
Sorry?

Sounds like Carryfast explaining to the cops that he is helping the environment by driving at 110mph through a village dunnit?

Ah, well spotted Franglais, you realised it was about 40mph speed limits, dimwit me on the other hand assumed that the 40’ meant a forty foot trailer as opposed to, well, I don’t know what tbh.

the maoster:
Ah, well spotted Franglais, you realised it was about 40mph speed limits, dimwit me on the other hand assumed that the 40’ meant a forty foot trailer as opposed to, well, I don’t know what tbh.

Dunno so much?
I figured he was thinking that breaking the sound barrier wiv a 40box might push the shockwave over the gaptween cab and trailer and so reduce drag??

the maoster:

Dunno so much?
I figured he was thinking that breaking the sound barrier wiv a 40box might push the shockwave over the gaptween cab and trailer and so reduce drag??

Edit…sorry… jour férié… :smiley:

SHYTOT:
Is it possible that a 40’ will be more economical being driven fast

The minimum speed to be in top gear, I would expect to be most economical?

Generally, for a given truck, on a flat road, keeping in top gear near the bottom of the green section of the tachometer would be best for economy.

yes 40mph is easily achievable heck my mpg clock goes 100 sometimes just need to be driving downhill