Electronic Pre Use Vehicle Checks

Afternoon,

Whats the best one to use for an owner driver? Don’t really want the old defect book and would rather use an electronic version, preferably an App. I have seen some for £1 per week but which is best?

Thanks all.

Pete.

I use this at work play.google.com/store/apps/deta … nveydriver
Couldn’t tell you what it costs or anything about the back end but as a driver it’s fine.

stu675:
I use this at work play.google.com/store/apps/deta … nveydriver
Couldn’t tell you what it costs or anything about the back end but as a driver it’s fine.

I have not been long left a company that uses it, and it is customisable insofar as you can contact them and have stuff removed that isn’t applicable to your operation. As you go through the checking system, it will choose an item at random for you to take a pic and upload.

It also allows you to store trailer numbers (As well as vehicle numbers.) to save you having to input them all of the time if you were to pull the same one again. I used it on ferry trailer work, and stored trailer numbers in case I pulled the same one again, which I did on a few occasions.

Treat it as a paper walk around check, because the moment you open the app, it’s on a timer, so your 10/15 minutes is logged until you exit it.

It is however, not without it’s flaws, and I found there weren’t many, but it was slow to upload, even in a 4G area.

Ken.

As an O/D, besides recording checks and defects, don’t forget he ability t sign of when they’ve been rectified

I use Checkedsafe. They’ve got a standard template for rigids/ trucks/trailers but it can be customised to your operation at no charge. I used the standard template for a couple of weeks on a free demo but realised I needed certain extra things added to the check and other things didn’t apply. I rang them up and they understood exactly what I needed and created a bespoke check in a day.

The app is quick and straight forward to use. The website stores all your checks and gives excellent easy to understand information and the all important history when VOSA come calling.

And it’s a quid a week per driver.