E.Fisher Transport Ltd - Waltham Abbey

Hi,

No longer a trucker myself but have recently been passed on some trucking memorabilia that was my Grandad’s and Great Grandad’s and am looking for some more info, also I’m sure some of you will be interested in seeing it.

My Great Grandad (Oliver Simpson) and my Grandad (Francis Simpson - known as Joe) both worked in transport their whole lives and I think it was just for the one company too (E.Fisher Transport Ltd of Waltham Abbey). My Great Grandad was a horse and cart driver for the same company even before they had lorries and was the first driver to have a lorry. My Grandad also chauffeured Edward Fisher in his Rolls Royce at the weekends too.

As you can see in the photo I have been given my Great Grandad’s driving licences, when they were yearly, from 1934 to 1963, in one of them is a fine issued at Woowlich Court for speeding on 14/08/1948. There are also o licences from 1955 to 1961, tax discs from 1953 to 1962 for vehicles WEV 432 and WKK49, both Bedford’s, a work permit for Murex Welding Processes Ltd and also a work permit to remove goods from the Olympia Exhibition Halls in 1962.

I would love to mount these with a photo of one of the trucks, I have searched everywhere but cannot find anything.

Does anyone have any info or photo’s of Fisher Transport that they would share with me, anything at all would be of interest to me. I am told the family are still about in Waltham Abbey and that there is possibly still a truck about somewhere!

Thanks in advance.

Not seen any photos of Fisher Transport but the blue contractor pass jogged the memory, I used to load welding rods out of there many years ago. Factory sat at the side of the M25 which wasn’t there back then, factory has gone now and I believe Tesco has built a DC on the land for its food home delivery vans.

Always a very smart fleet, I used to load out of Murex as well but for W M Woods welding rods mostly for the ship yards and heavy industry and construction up north, Fishers also used to load out of The Rolling Mills as I often did, the Picture is not mine found on the net, all credit to who ever took the photo…

Might be worth having a look in the online Commercial Motor archives.

OssieD:
Always a very smart fleet, I used to load out of Murex as well but for W M Woods welding rods mostly for the ship yards and heavy industry and construction up north, Fishers also used to load out of The Rolling Mills as I often did, the Picture is not mine found on the net, all credit to who ever took the photo…

Great photo, thank you!