Processing times - info and questions

Hi all, I just thought I’d share with you the length of time it’s taken so far for my application to be processed. It still hasn’t been fully processed yet.

At the end of July I went to a medical with D4 Drivers and sent off my application recorded delivery. It took about 4 weeks for the DVLA to write back to me to advise that they would have to write to my doctor to confirm my fitness to drive. The following week I had a conversation with my GP who confirmed that they see no issues and that I’m safe to continue driving my car - my previous GP had already advised safe to drive car although I didn’t for the first few weeks to be on the safe side. I have medication that can cause drowsiness, but I’ve had no issues with it in over two years that I’ve been prescribed it.

Today I’ve had it confirmed that my GP returned the DVLA report last week. Does anyone know roughly how long it should take to process from now onwards? I’d prefer it to be processed on or after the 15th of November due to the coming changes (so I can go direct to CE), but I’m also moving house very soon. I’ll set up a mail redirect to ensure I don’t miss anything. Does anyone know if I can request a delay until after the changes come in to effect?

Sent from my moto g(10) using Tapatalk

:laughing:

There’s no way you will have it back before the 15th, the DVLA medical section currently have a 4-6 week backlog of unopened mail! (See my earlier thread, my GP sent then info last month they still haven’t acted on)

jonathan_dyane:
[emoji38]

There’s no way you will have it back before the 15th, the DVLA medical section currently have a 4-6 week backlog of unopened mail! (See my earlier thread, my GP sent then info last month they still haven’t acted on)

For once I’m pleased with their delays then [emoji1787] I’ll check your thread out mate.

It seems like we’re in the same boat. It gives us plenty of time to study at least!

I guess so but I’m chomping at the bit to get started!

Where are you/who are you planning on training with?

I’m in the Yorkshire area but I haven’t booked anywhere yet. I did go for a taster day away back in May with a company near Bradford, but they highlighted that my medication might cause a delay, so I was hesitant to actually book and tie up any funds.

I’m happy to book wherever I can secure a place without waiting for months, but only once I have my provisional posted back to me. I think learning on roads I’m not familiar with might actually prepare me better for when I eventually get on the road as a qualified licence holder, so location isn’t important but won’t book anywhere with poor reviews.

I’ve just checked online and I have been granted my provisional for C, C1, D and D1 licences. I’m almost jumping for joy! Now I just need to get my finger out and start getting things booked. I am a little disappointed that it’s the week before the changes but from reading other topics I should be able to get that sorted out soon enough.

Great news! Hope you’ve been studying for all your theory exams? [emoji57]

stu675:
Great news! Hope you’ve been studying for all your theory exams? [emoji57]

Yep, all three now booked for Tuesday next week!

I’m happy to book wherever I can secure a place without waiting for months, but only once I have my provisional posted back to me. I think learning on roads I’m not familiar with might actually prepare me better for when I eventually get on the road as a qualified licence holder, so location isn’t important but won’t book anywhere with poor reviews.

Try the forum sponsor 01623 555661. There will be a wait, but I dont know how long. Check for poor reviews on the forum. Peter Smythe Transport Training Ltd 01623 555661.

Hope this helps, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:

Try the forum sponsor 01623 555661. There will be a wait, but I dont know how long. Check for poor reviews on the forum. Peter Smythe Transport Training Ltd 01623 555661.

Hope this helps, Pete S [emoji38] [emoji38]

You’re on the list of companies I shall be contacting as soon as I have passed the theory elements [emoji16]

Theory, Hazard Perception and Mod 2 all passed today with scores higher than I had in any practice tests. Plus, done the email for the additional provisional entitlement. Now just to get the practical booked!

Congratulations on the results so far!

So all you have to do now is to call 01623 555661 and get booked with the forum sponsor. But it will probably be February in common with other good trainers.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks Pete!

I (perhaps naïvely) hoped that the waiting times would be shorter by now. I have the luxury of being willing to travel almost anywhere in the UK, so I may find a cancellation somewhere. However, I may be in touch later today [emoji23]

I passed my CE test this week! All in it took me around 8 months since doing my medical to actually passing my test. That included a referral to the DVLA medical team. It was a long journey to get here but I’m really proud of myself. Now the real learning starts!

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif