Awaiting licence from DVLA

Hi.
My HGV Class 2 licence expired in 2018 and I decided to renew it.
First week of September,I did the eyesight test,medical and 35 hours CPC online training.
Sent off all the documents to DVLA but am still waiting for it to be returned.
Although,at the moment I do not have the C category on my licence,as its now with the DVLA,can I now drive a HGV Class 2 lorry or do I have to wait until it arrives.
Many thanks.

spirit&oscar:
Hi.
My HGV Class 2 licence expired in 2018 and I decided to renew it.
First week of September,I did the eyesight test,medical and 35 hours CPC online training.
Sent off all the documents to DVLA but am still waiting for it to be returned.
Although,at the moment I do not have the C category on my licence,as its now with the DVLA,can I now drive a HGV Class 2 lorry or do I have to wait until it arrives.
Many thanks.

Have you checked online to see if C has been put back on it :question: gov.uk/view-driving-licence

If yes then an employer MAY let you drive but most want to see the physical licence

Many thanks for your reply Rog.
Ive just checked online again but no addition yet.
Looks like I will just have to wait for it to arrive.
Ive rang twice but cant get through to DVLA plus 3 emails with no response. :frowning:

I applied to have my hgv entitlement renenstated after letting it lapse had the medical sent off forms on the 28 June never heard anything after a month started ringing the dvla for any updates was told they have received my application but could not give me a date when it will be processed kept ri going was told the same on numerous occasions end of September was told there was issues with my blood pressure readings and I would need to have three separate blood pressure readings on three separate days at my Registered GP my doctors were great the practice nurse booked me in for the 3 separate days as quickly as possible blood pressure readings were taken and were within the dvla acceptable levels posted off the next day to dvla on 4th October after about 2 weeks still no update as to when I would receive my licence.
Last week got in touch with my local MP explain the situation they asked for my details and they would ask dvla for a update. Checked this morning 26 October online licence check low and behold my licence has been issued with class c and ce added

gov.uk/guidance/dvla-corona … -19-update

Due to covid delay DVLA is currently processing renewal applications from week commencing 26th August
this website is updated every week so you can check current time frames they’re working on.

Apparently they have been on strike as well I think sent mine off cause needed a medical 1st July got it end of September so good luck