driver cpc

.I`m an X hgv driver and I walked away when the intoduced the "driver CPC " I have a lifetime experience in lorry driving and I refused to let some jumped up college boy tell me what I spent my whole working life learning. When they scrap the cpc cash cow I will return to the job I love

You need a cscs card to clean bogs on building sites now, they invented all kinds of cards that’s created huge swaths of wealth for multiple firms,with thousands of jobs created as well, they will not ever bin off the cpc in my opinion…

Quakebuttock:
.I`m an X hgv driver and I walked away when the intoduced the "driver CPC " I have a lifetime experience in lorry driving and I refused to let some jumped up college boy tell me what I spent my whole working life learning. When they scrap the cpc cash cow I will return to the job I love

As much as I despise the DCPC periodic training scam I don’t think you’ll be returning to HGV driving any time soon, well not permanently anyway.

I emailed my MP the other day and suggested scrapping or at-least postponing the DCPC periodic training requirement and instructing the DVLA to prioritise applications for HGV licenses, I received an automated response informing me that due to her workload the MP probably won’t see the email for 10 days :unamused: … isn’t the age of instant communication great :smiley:

By the way, I assume you know you can do the DCPC periodic training online now, as far as I can tell it seems to be about £45 a shot at the moment.

tachograph:

Quakebuttock:

As much as I despise the DCPC periodic training scam I don’t think you’ll be returning to HGV driving any time soon, well not permanently anyway.

I emailed my MP the other day and suggested scrapping or at-least postponing the DCPC periodic training requirement and instructing the DVLA to prioritise applications for HGV licenses, I received an automated response informing me that due to her workload the MP probably won’t see the email for 10 days :unamused: … isn’t the age of instant communication great :smiley:

By the way, I assume you know you can do the DCPC periodic training online now, as far as I can tell it seems to be about £45 a shot at the moment.

225 quid? Sounds a bargain. The new pay rates will get you that back in the first two hours, wont it? :smiley:

Franglais:

tachograph:

Quakebuttock:

225 quid? Sounds a bargain. The new pay rates will get you that back in the first two hours, wont it? :smiley:

What’s with this two hours work you talk of, according to some articles I’ve read you can just sign up to various agencies to get the £2,000 a time golden handshake :smiley:

Beetlejuice:
You need a cscs card to clean bogs on building sites now, they invented all kinds of cards that’s created huge swaths of wealth for multiple firms,with thousands of jobs created as well, they will not ever bin off the cpc in my opinion…

Exactly, it’s like everything else in this scam laden country, a’ money making scheme being justified by, and smoke screened by a totally false agenda.

Agree, DCPC is a Cash Cow for everyone running it. If I ever needed to know anything when I started out in the 90s, I’d ask an older Driver. If they showed you and you got it wrong, they’d clip you 'round the ear. You’ll learn more from another Driver than DCPC will ever teach you.

bbez:
AIf I ever needed to know anything when I started out in the 90s, I’d ask an older Driver. If they showed you and you got it wrong, they’d clip you 'round the ear. You’ll learn more from another Driver than DCPC will ever teach you.

In a nutshell, why younger people aren’t attracted to a career in driving… :unamused:
Moaning old guys with a liking for a bit of gratuitous violence.