Oh no ! it's getting worse

Just for you " DCPCFML " :laughing:

Yes ANOTHER thread on the so-called “driver shortage”

It’s been on the TV news all day
Petrol stations are rationing ,
WHY ? apparently there aren’t enough drivers to drive the tankers to supply the garages
The manager of Hoyer is appealing to the government to let EU drivers back into the country.
The CPO of BP services is also doing the same.

These morons, who have for ages used cheap labour for their own benefits are now reaping what they have sowed.

DIDDUMS !!!

pierrot 14:

WHY ? apparently there aren’t enough drivers to drive the tankers to supply the garages
The manager of Hoyer is appealing to the government to let EU drivers back into the country.

These morons, who have for ages used cheap labour for their own benefits are now reaping what they have sowed.

DIDDUMS !!!

Hang on, wasn’t DCPCFML suggesting drivers get jobs with the high pay, like Hoyer for example? Perhaps money isn’t the only, or main reason there is a driver shortage

jimti:

pierrot 14:

DIDDUMS !!!

Hang on, wasn’t DCPCFML suggesting drivers get jobs with the high pay, like Hoyer for example? Perhaps money isn’t the only, or main reason there is a driver shortage

Maybe there is a shortage because wages where terrible for many years, the hours ridiculous, conditions terrible, cpc nonsense and vosa hunting drivers like a wag looking for a victim

A bit late now, but they’re discussing the issue on " Question Time" on the BBC as I write

Never worked on tankers but from what people say the job is ■■■■ these days, earn more working for a supermarket
Plus the rotas will put you in a early grave…

I’ve got a feeling the floodgates will be opened shortly… wether they will come back is another matter all together…

Here’s an idea, get the 1m people still on furlough back out to work. Ok won’t solve the driver shortage but will help in other industries.

I’m on the phone to The Daily Mail as we speak.

jimti:
Perhaps money isn’t the only, or main reason there is a driver shortage

He was probably earning more in real terms for less hours and more life friendly shifts to drive that around the streets, than he’d be earning now for more hours driving an artic swapping between nights and days.All at for around the price of 75p per gallon to the consumer.

flickr.com/photos/131286969@N05/33000671668

switchlogic:

Dont forget to mention brexit.

adam277:

switchlogic:

Dont forget to mention brexit.

Im a Remoaner, I don’t talk about anything else

There was an idiot from some management company on LBC earlier (Ian Dale’s programme) that was saying “we need to let the EU drivers back in”.

NO!

1. End furlough and get these sponges off free money

2. Pay Brits properly (all sectors) so we don’t NEED foreign labour!

These (unprintable) that only want foreign workers because they’re cheap need calling out and their companies boycotting. :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:

I read earlier that new EU legislation is due to come into effect Feb 2022 that will have an adverse effect on haulage and prices generally. I need to do some more research.

Load of rubbish blame the shortage of drivers on everything it’s corrupt to the core. Media should be banned likes of the BBC and sun etc. Propaganda and scare mongering just like they did with the covid. Next it will be hgv drivers are to blame for all the huge price increases we face. Since when was there a shortage of fuel tanker drivers? deadman shoes jobs isn’t it?

Furlough ends next week anyway so point one is covered.

Regarding allowing EU drivers I say do it. I honestly believe it wint be the golden goose these firms are looking for because…

1 - There’s a driver shortage across Europe and in some cases its actually more acute than here.

2 - It’s not worth it now due to the closure of IR35 and what would what would a temporary nature of it.

One thing that could help is relaxing cabotage rules and allowing EU hauliers that do still bother to come here the ability to stay for say 10 days instead of 7 and perform 3 movements instead of 2 as an example.

I heard on radio it’s BP that are running short.
Personally have no sympathy for BP.
around here in Manchester BP is always about 8p a litre more than anyone else including shell.
havent used them for years the ripping.off *****

There is no shortage of qualified, fuels drivers. There’s a shortage of money being paid to them. Since H***r and others changed the contract, they have lost so many drivers. Including EE drivers that are already here with a right to remain.
Referring to another post on here, if they’d have ringfenced the existing wage, then offered a new, reduced contract to incoming drivers, they may at least have held on to the existing workforce and newcomers would have had the opportunity to vote with their feet.

Have to laugh. On radio 5 .
They were. Interviewing some haulage owner.
He was going on driver shortage things need to change.

He then said we’rr having to give our drivers a pay rise to retain them.

The woman then said that’s good as we keeping hearing. Drivers pay and terms are rubbish etc. He mumbled something and went off on a tangent it’s not pay why there’s a shortage we pay the going rate

pierrot 14:

DIDDUMS !!!

Hoyer at Buncefield had filled all their current vacancies as at 9th Sept and also have a waiting list for new starters.

Yes, what we need is mobility of labour between us and our neighbours.

They keep spewing out the same crap on the news but never seem to mention the crap conditions, long hours and ridiculous shift patterns.

toonsy:
Furlough ends next week anyway so point one is covered.

Regarding allowing EU drivers I say do it. I honestly believe it wint be the golden goose these firms are looking for because…

1 - There’s a driver shortage across Europe and in some cases its actually more acute than here.

2 - It’s not worth it now due to the closure of IR35 and what would what would a temporary nature of it.

One thing that could help is relaxing cabotage rules and allowing EU hauliers that do still bother to come here the ability to stay for say 10 days instead of 7 and perform 3 movements instead of 2 as an example.

I think Cabotage is the ultimate goal through all this, probably engineered situation.As ever,there’s what we’re seeing and what’s actually taking place on a covert level.HS2 springs to mind,a government stacked high with non-indigenous etc etc.Smoke and Mirrors really ramping up right now.

a five min look at the jobs on the hoyer website and there is a 20k difference in basic wages depending on the area. the other give away is you have to live with in a certain distance to be considered for the job. All designed to get around the parity pay because someone in one area with a poor wage cant get a job in an area with a good wage. Sainsburys tried this and it didnt work well for them. Then of course you also have to work nights days and weekends so your body doesnt have a chance to recuperate.

yet again more evidence of an outfit that has relied on cheap labour and the cows have come home to roost