Class 1 this week

after 4 years on the class 2, I decided to go for my class 1. I’ve done 2 days of training so far and 2 more days until my test on Friday. I feel like I’m getting on fine with it apart from that reverse. I’ve had a go at it this morning and I got it in the bay with my instructors guidance but it’s really throwing me with the whole opposite steering.
does anybody have any tips on remembering which way I need to turn the wheel. just something I can get stuck in my head to remind me.

1 other thing I’m concerned with. I know when you pass they take your licence but with the big waiting times to get them back right now, will I be allowed to keep hold of it until I get my new 1. I need it in my current job to get into military sites.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

If you need to straighten up then turn the steering wheel towards the mirror the trailer is in

To go left, turn right.
To go right, turn left.
To straighten up, turn into the banana.

I would add that if you have are not straight, then you will put more bend on even with straight wheels on the unit. Sometimes all you need is to use the bend in the vehicle to your advantage.

ROG:
If you need to straighten up then turn the steering wheel towards the mirror the trailer is in

day 3. this really helped. my instructor is happy with my driving. just need to watch my speed at times, sometimes I’m to fast in built up area and sometimes I’m to slow on the country roads. we’re going to spend a good amount of time on the reverse tomorrow

carlston49:
To go left, turn right.
To go right, turn left.
To straighten up, turn into the banana.

this helped and I get lightning McQueen in my head. turn right to go left lol

Pleased the advice helped. Amazed your instructor hadn’t told you the most basic of instruction.

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I Passed. thank you all for your help and support yet again. 4 minors. i took a shunt on the manoeuvre because i wasnt sure but i got it in there

My instructor had a great way with my class 1 reverse training.
Shout steer right…….no left……I mean right……sorry mate.

Result failed test on reverse.

mahall1988:
I Passed

PASSING CE ARTIC.jpg
PASSING CE WD.jpg
LPLATE.jpg
PASSING FIREWORKS.gif