Holyhead truck stop closed

WTF

No alternative given to drivers just closed the truck stop down and that’s it?

criminal

no wonder there is a driver shortage

dailypost.co.uk/news/north- … w-21169636

Article does say there provind tempory alternative parking for trucks which is something I guess

Hope the road king in Cannock doesn’t go next as owned by same company

You couldn’t…

Make this up could you. A statement last week explaining how they’re on the case and want improve conditions for drivers.

How is closing down facilities for drivers helping them exactly?

Show how much the Welsh assembly thinks of its voters allowing this to happen :imp:

I thought I read somewhere it was being closed as it had been sold to the Govt to become a Customs post .

beefy4605:
I thought I read somewhere it was being closed as it had been sold to the Govt to become a Customs post .

Looks correct:
business-live.co.uk/ports-l … p-20954557

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Looks correct:

indeed it was mentioned in the article linked to in the first post . In that article s comments someone made a very valid point - if theres a customs post /inland border / immigration post (whatever you want to call it )the staff , drivers etc will need places to park and somewhere to eat . Would the smart thing not have been to extend the truck stop and build the customs post beside it ?

beefy4605:

Franglais:

beefy4605:

Looks correct:

indeed it was mentioned in the article linked to in the first post . In that article s comments someone made a very valid point - if theres a customs post /inland border / immigration post (whatever you want to call it )the staff , drivers etc will need places to park and somewhere to eat . Would the smart thing not have been to extend the truck stop and build the customs post beside it ?

Joined-Up thinking? Heaven forfend!

Still, it looks like up to 200 new Gov jobs there to replace the 25 catering jobs lost.

Theres a new truckstop opened behind Argos in Holyhead, Penrhos Truck Stop Holyhead just opened today apparantly.

scottie0011:
Theres a new truckstop opened behind Argos in Holyhead, Penrhos Truck Stop Holyhead just opened today apparantly.

facebook.com/Penrhos-Truck- … 091707149/

The Bet Fred boss owns The Hollies and Holyhead truck stop .