Truck cleaning products

Any suggestions for cleaning an 8x4
Tipper what are good product apart from
The obvious bucket of water and washing up liquid any drivers used the chrome northwest or similar products considering breaking the Bank today there are 3 bottle deals can mix and match , what other products are available.

The cleaning products my firm will provide are enough for me.

Tbf they’re pretty good, all Autoglym stuff. There’s in called VIF that foams up and us good for upholstery but also I accidentally found out really good on cab floors like under mats etc :laughing:

Stacks74:
The obvious bucket of water and washing up liquid any drivers used the chrome northwest or similar products considering breaking the Bank today there are 3 bottle deals can mix and match , what other products are available.

You’re buying your own cleaning stuff? :open_mouth:
I’m assuming you’re an owner driver?
If not they should be supplying stuff not expecting drivers to pay for it.
Still, if they’re daft enough to do so, you can’t blame the firm. :neutral_face:

Jennychem always advertised in Truck&Driver mag and the bird was fit too :stuck_out_tongue:

jennychem.com/

robroy:

Stacks74:

Still, if they’re daft enough to do so, you can’t blame the firm. :neutral_face:

Calm down robroy. Plenty of places don’t care for this stuff and just leave it up to you to get the tools and products you need and then give them the receipts for your money back. Just because you’ve always worked for big logistics companies where they provide all this stuff for you doesn’t mean everywhere does :bulb: . I actually prefer being given the choice to get stuff as often the ones the company provides (if any) are the cheapest and most useless which is annoying for those of us that like to keep the vehicle clean and in good order.

toonsy:

Tbf they’re pretty good, all Autoglym stuff. There’s in called VIF that foams up and us good for upholstery but also I accidentally found out really good on cab floors like under mats etc :laughing:

Lucky your company supplies cleaning products I’m sure there buying in bulk some of that Autoglym stuff is hard to find in small bottles like 500 ml I’ll go with the chrome northwest stuff as it’s easily sourced and in small bottles

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Stacks74:

Calm down robroy. Plenty of places don’t care for this stuff and just leave it up to you to get the tools and products you need and then give them the receipts for your money back. Just because you’ve always worked for big logistics companies where they provide all this stuff for you doesn’t mean everywhere does :bulb: . I actually prefer being given the choice to get stuff as often the ones the company provides (if any) are the cheapest and most useless which is annoying for those of us that like to keep the vehicle clean and in good order.

Calm and cool as a cucumber bud thanks…as always . :sunglasses: :smiley:

Do you know this guy personally,.and for certain that is the case with this , if so I apologise, but if not it’s a bit of a liberty I reckon., not summet I’ll lose sleep over, but it’s the principle if it is so.
Btw/fyi …I haven’t ‘always worked for big logistics co.s’. tbf, but who cares,.and oh yeh, …I’m also I’m one of the ‘us’ who likes to keep his truck clean.
Cheers.

robroy:

Stacks74:

nope not an owner op just don’t want to be sitting in a filthy cab all day

Stacks74:

toonsy:

Lucky your company supplies cleaning products I’m sure there buying in bulk some of that Autoglym stuff is hard to find in small bottles like 500 ml I’ll go with the chrome northwest stuff as it’s easily sourced and in small bottles

Yeah defo regarding supplying stuff. My old place if you wanted stuff you bought it and handed in a receipt and it got paid if it was deemed not frivolous (ie, kept the truck running instead of keeping it respectable) :unamused:

We have a truck comes in once a fortnight to drop stuff off.

Try Diomyx from Ecofleet, Ripley, Derbys.
Got some very happy customers in HGV world.

robroy:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Stacks74:

Calm and cool as a cucumber bud thanks…as always . :sunglasses: :smiley:

Do you know this guy personally,.and for certain that is the case with this , if so I apologise, but if not it’s a bit of a liberty I reckon., not summet I’ll lose sleep over, but it’s the principle if it is so.
Btw/fyi …I haven’t ‘always worked for big logistics co.s’. tbf, but who cares,.and oh yeh, …I’m also I’m one of the ‘us’ who likes to keep his truck clean.
Cheers.

So by that token and coupled with your original post, if your gaffer didn’t provide external and internal cleaning gear, you would never bother cleaning the truck and just live in a perma-[zb] heap because you wouldn’t be seen “daft enough” to buy any yourself? Cool…

Aye if you like mate. :wink:

robroy:

No answer. Speaks volumes.

DCPCFML:

robroy:

See my previous reply.

#CBA.

robroy:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

See my previous reply.

#CBA.

No because once again you’ve ended up looking like a fool. Answer the [zb] question. You’re the one screaming and hurling abuse at the guy for paying for cleaning products out of his own pocket so how do you keep your cab clean if they don’t pay for it? You leave it like a filthy ■■■■ tip because you’re too tight to buy a can of Mr. Sheen and a pack of rags ? :unamused:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

See my previous reply.

#CBA.

No because once again you’ve ended up looking like a fool. Answer the [zb] question. You’re the one screaming and hurling abuse at the guy for paying for cleaning products out of his own pocket so how do you keep your cab clean if they don’t pay for it? You leave it like a filthy [zb] tip because you’re too tight to buy a can of Mr. Sheen and a pack of rags ? :unamused:

:open_mouth: …Calm down dear, there.s only one guy looking like a fool because of his gross over reaction. :laughing:
Screaming and hurling abuse’’ seriously? :laughing:
More making a valid point.
In the guys own words …‘‘Thinking of breaking the bank’’ so presumably he’s looking at top notch over priced stuff, which imo should be paid for by the firm if he needs it.
A bit different from me robbing the wife’s cleaning cupboard, of a tin of pledge and some Mr Muscle.
There you go double whammy for you, you’ve got your argument out of me over a trivial subject after you blew it out of all proportion…AND I’ve answered your question…after all.

Happy?

robroy:
:open_mouth: …Calm down dear, there.s only one guy looking like a fool because of his gross over reaction. :laughing:
In the guys own words …‘‘Thinking of breaking the bank’’ so presumably he’s looking at top notch over priced stuff, which imo should be paid for by the firm if he needs it.
A bit different from me robbing the wife’s cleaning cupboard, of a tin of pledge and some Mr Muscle.
There you go double whammy for you, you’ve got your argument out of me over a trivial subject after you blew it out of all proportion…AND I’ve answered your question…after all.

Happy?

No. What’s it got to do with you what he spends his money on? Who made you the arbiter in deciding what’s appropriate and what isn’t? If he wants to tart up his truck that’s entirely his prerogative so long as his gaffer doesn’t mind. It’s no different to people who rent property customising/redecorating it to their taste. Neither will get their money back at the end but if it makes them happy so what? :imp:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Happy?

No. What’s it got to do with you what he spends his money on? Who made you the arbiter in deciding what’s appropriate and what isn’t? If he wants to tart up his truck that’s entirely his prerogative so long as his gaffer doesn’t mind. It’s no different to people who rent property customising/redecorating it to their taste. Neither will get their money back at the end but if it makes them happy so what? :imp:

As I keep reminding you on how a forum works.
Somebody puts out an opinion, those who agree agree, those who don’t…don’t…then they put their take on it.
Perhaps if you get so aereated over this (as often as you do, ) maybe the forum concept ain’t for you.

robroy:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Happy?

Somebody puts out an opinion, those who agree agree, those who don’t…don’t…then they put their take on it.
Perhaps if you get so aereated over this (as often as you do, ) maybe the forum concept ain’t for you.

The forum concept works fine. Unfortunately it’s easily ruined by those types with who have nothing to say but love the sound of their own voice so fill the threads with worthless crap, as your post count perfectly demonstrates. I would rather read the contributions by Geoffrey and Winseer. :open_mouth:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

DCPCFML:

robroy:

Happy?

The forum concept works fine. Unfortunately it’s easily ruined by those types with who have nothing to say but love the sound of their own voice so fill the threads with worthless crap, as your post count perfectly demonstrates. I would rather read the contributions by Geoffrey and Winseer. :open_mouth:

I wouldn’t! Agree or otherwise with Rob, at least he talks sense in a calm and respectful way. If a mere driver is expected to buy cleaning products, where does it end? Tyres, fuel, repairs? If I found myself in the employment of an outfit that wouldn’t provide reasonable cleaning agents, they’d find themselves looking for another driver.