AMAZON

Amazon burns through workers so quickly that executives are worried they’ll run out of people to employ, according to a new report t.email.hl.co.uk/r/?id=h2b1f558d … Override=1

They could always attract more workers by laying on more tents/shanty towns around their
RDC’s

There is plenty of Our home bred scroungers who’ve never worked
an hour in their lives, get them to do it.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Anyone on here - working one of the new Prime contracts? You see all the C+E out on the motorways, and even alongside the motorway, such as the Hub between J13 & J14 on the M1…

Who’s doing that work though? There doesn’t seem to be anything coming via the agencies at present, which implies to me that the work is the standard any five from seven £12ph stuff that more and more drivers are now routinely rejecting as “Not work coming back to work for”… :smiling_imp:

Winseer:
Anyone on here - working one of the new Prime contracts? You see all the C+E out on the motorways, and even alongside the motorway, such as the Hub between J13 & J14 on the M1…

Who’s doing that work though? There doesn’t seem to be anything coming via the agencies at present, which implies to me that the work is the standard any five from seven £12ph stuff that more and more drivers are now routinely rejecting as “Not work coming back to work for”… :smiling_imp:

It’s all subbed out. Look on the units there’ll be something saying who they belong too. See a lot of Close Brothers liveried up in Amazon.

All for a slightly higher haulage rate or priority pick of jobs I suspect…

Winseer:

I saw Slam and Fly by Night at the East Midlands Gateway depot on Monday.

Those Amazon liveried lorries have nothing to do with Slam. They’re all smaller companies who have a franchise deal with Amazon and run units in Amazons livery. The vehicles are hired from Amazon who hire them from Close Brothers so it’s why you see them on the units, they are the hire company. In return Amazon give you a fuel card and you have priority on the work. Some of the companies are recruiting around the M1 J13/J14 area and they pay around £160 a day. The job is easy and the shifts are short but the start times are not guaranteed.

robthedog:
Amazon burns through workers so quickly that executives are worried they’ll run out of people to employ, according to a new report t.email.hl.co.uk/r/?id=h2b1f558d … Override=1

And yet they don’t do anything to improve conditions for these people to retain them…

Working on said runs for about 3 months now. From what I understand the biggest fish in the pond has a partners program with smaller companies. These smaller companies run the tractor units on lease (mercs or mans) and can only pull trailers for the big fish. Wage is at £32k/year for 5 nights a week. If less than 5 nights a week worked due to lack of loads/cancellation or anything similar, there are no wage deductions. If a 6th night worked (with your agreement as it is not compulsory), £150 on top. Bonus for turning up on time for the whole week is at £40/week. Bonus for 3 consecutive months without any tacho infringements stands at £150/trimester. From what I understand a partner company needs to run 5 or 10 tractors. Drivers wages covered by the big fish.

The article posted at the top of the thread reminds me of another atricle: wsj.com/articles/coronaviru … 1588066200

I guess america is just coming up to terms with what Britain knows since the end of WWII. Give people enough money to stay at home and reflect on their existence, with a pack of B&H and a bottle of Jameson, and some will pretty soon realise that there is no longer a need to provide for yourself and even less to put something into the collective pot.