Should I go for it? (Best paying job)

I mean min wage will be rising to £8.91 in April. So It’s not that bad. Also they do say bonuses!

It actually amazes me the amount of both Class 1 and Class 2 driving jobs I found that pay £9 an hour.

Theres a bit of an area view to be considered too, some areas are just lower paying than others. Some say housing costs… Not saying it’s right. I work in what’s considered a generally high paying area (the golden triangle :unamused: ) but a litre of petrol costs about the same up and down the country. Housing costs are extortionate here though, even more so after the west coast main line got upgraded putting us 50 mins from Euston and we became part of the commuter belt.

It’s all relative. You can buy a house in Port Talbot for the price of a pizza in London.

I don’t think you should expect mega bucks either for driving to and from the steel works on turn around every day.

Wages depend on area .In Wales house are a bit cheaper

I realise wages are lower in Wales.
But 9p above the minimum wage :grimacing:

Plenty of benefits available if you’ve kids etc

We go through this every time , the older ones don’t need the money & the younger ones with kids who do need the money can get benefits to top it up , as I’ve said before I know plenty who wouldn’t work o/t when his benefits were due to be reassessed, others who would only work 30 hrs p.w , the benefits system can’t of changed that much

Go shelf stacking in Tesco and get 10% discount on your grocery bill or Aldi they pay better money but no discount

As said it’s all relative

Look at the house prices in port Talbot, bigger that what i paid twice that for in Oxfordshire.

rightmove.co.uk/property-fo … op89553809

If driving is in your blood and you live round there then it’s no different to being paid £15 an hour in the home counties.

Or you could move to Sweden and get this for £ 80,000

That looks suspiciously like Finland to me :smiley:

hutpik:
Or you could move to Sweden and get this for £ 80,0000

To much of that white stuff for me thanks

finland my pictures 011.JPGDont know what you mean.

£9 per hour you gotta be kidding me. Don’t settle for anything under £10.

Is it possible to get a visa to work in Sweden driving lorries ?

ETS:
£9 per hour you gotta be kidding me. Don’t settle for anything under £14.

fixed for you

Deleted

chrisdalott:
Is it possible to get a visa to work in Sweden driving lorries ?

Contact UK Embassy in Sweden to see what they require?
gov.uk/working-abroad

(Assuming of course you aren’t from:
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Denmark, Espana, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, and some others, in which case you just knock on the door.)

Chrisdalott,look on the ‘Ex Pats forum’,loads of info there,some guys have moved up here recently so may have more up to date info.