Left a job then gone back

Has anyone left a job then realised it was a mistake and asked for there old job back?

Nope.

Never will either.

Don’t get me wrong I’ve left and found the grass isn’t always greener but generally I try to go forward from where I am currently rather than going back to what I had previously.

I did when I was 20. I was a forkie/storeman. I walked into reception a month after leaving and spoke with my old manager. He said no, lol.

I have done it three times, they didn’t realise what they had lost till I had gone. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Depends if you left on good terms.
An overheard half of a phone call from an ex-driver…
“Well, I’ll stick my hand up arse shall I? See if your old job is still there?”

Call didn’t carry on much longer.

Had 2 Blokes at our place they left then months later they were back.

Nope.

That being said, I’ll be happy to go back to a former job if it was one I left on good terms.

Had a guy leave my old place, he was of to Jersey where EVERYTHING is so much better. He was back the following month wanting his old job back. There were many comments about how he had made his fortune and came home to spend it all.

Wheel Nut:
I have done it three times, they didn’t realise what they had lost till I had gone. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Manager - why has everything stopped working?

Supervisor - its all fallen apart.

Manager - but why!?

Supervisor - we lost the wheel nut so the wheels fell off the wagon.

Manager - :unamused:

We’ve had a lot who have jacked and came back soon after.
I have heard the boss saying ‘‘They all seem to come back sooner or later’’ qyite smugly :slight_smile:
I think he genuinely thinks it’s because it’s a good firm :smiley: , and totally oblivious to the fact that it’s more of …The best option of a very bad bunch of firms in our area.

Me personally, I have never gone back, the closest I have is going driving for a firm that had the contract that I had when I had my own motors, so same job different terms.

(I’m a bit concerned about the last poster’s signature btw :open_mouth: :smiley: )

chrisv:
Has anyone left a job then realised it was a mistake and asked for there old job back?

Yes.

They told me to f- off. Politely, of course.

Happened a few times at our place, someone decided to walk to pastures new, few months later would come back. I tended not to fall out with drivers and vice versa, took the view that we all get itchy feet and if I did need someone, I knew what I was getting rather than a brand new driver experience.

i left a tipper job twice because the boss was an arse,both times the new job didn’t suit so went back.3rd time i left the boss was an even bigger arse :frowning: but stuck it out until i landed with the much maligned dhl. best move i’ve made for many a year :astonished:

Yes wasn’t driving related.had a part time job after school, local holiday village. Great perks and atmosphere, but open 24|7. They couldn’t guarantee full time so went to a local factory.boring job, Mon to Friday but good craic. Got opportunity to go back 2 years later, best interview ever, the manager said ’ I remember you now, well you know us we know you, what you been up to? I restarted the following week, for another few years. Great going swimming after work!
I’ve never been one for burning bridges, left one company to work for their customer also, so again worth keeping on good terms you never know who you will meet again? Just my thoughts anyway.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

trevHCS:

Wheel Nut:

Manager - why has everything stopped working?

Supervisor - its all fallen apart.

Manager - but why!?

Supervisor - we lost the wheel nut so the wheels fell off the wagon.

Manager - :unamused:

Joking aside, most of my jobs have been word of mouth or got employed by someone you know. I have had many promises they couldnt keep, jobs you could leave on a Saturday dinner and have a new start by teatime.

I think I have only had 3 formal interviews and two driving assessments as part of the selection process. I did one assessment three years after starting a job, there was a new trailer to collect and the fleet engineer chose me and jumped in the passenger side for a ride out. He did pay for dinner though. :laughing: