Any drivers with ibs

Hello everyone, I start my driving full time Monday and I’m getting very bad anixty because of my ibs d… and worrying about if I deliver will they let me use the toilet if I need to go.

Ill try take 1 immodium in the morning Monday to Friday.

Is there any drivers out there who has ibs d and deals with it.

Take lots of toilet roll, and only take them tablets if u really need them or your body will get use to them, take IBS tablets instead… and get ready to run for toilets anywhere lol. customers normally let u use toilets, some are ■■■■■■■■■ and don’t. Your body will get into a routine.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I’ve had a few IBC’s on before now, with no problem

robthedog:
I’ve had a few IBC’s on before now, with no problem

A strap won’t secure that load…

Just do what a lot of “drivers” seem to do, crap in a lay-by/the bushes round truck parks/under your trailer etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was you, I’d be working out what causes your ibs.
Eggs, mushrooms, coffee, liver are 4 of the main culprits for ibs.
I stopped drinking coffee and my ibs literally disappeared within days.
I just have the problem of being allergic to eggs since a major operation in 2015, so I have to be careful where and what I eat now.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I don’t think it’s the places you’ll have a issue with it’s the getting there , I often pass London gateway srvs and think I’m ok then get on Edgware rd heading for south of the Thames & think I’m not going to make it ( can’t drink milk even though I love the taste of it + age ) , you can often be driving for 2/3 hrs out in country without anywhere you could park & use a toilet , you’ll just have to hop over a field gate of under the trailer ( tris with aero are excellent for covering your modesty ) & if you go by tri legs , tri wheels will get rid of your ■■■ when you leave in morn ( assuming your tramping ) always carry wet wipes
Don’t worry , we’re all big boys , and been there done that , & I certainly won’t be judging you , your prepared to give lorry driving ago with your illness so credit to you

Try peppermint tea,soothes the stomach and stops the bowel cramps.
Don’t bung up on the Loppamide tablets,it’s got to come out at some point :smiley:
The more you worry about it the worse it’ll be,stress triggers it too.

Mate of mine…

Suffers from IBS. He has a card which he shows if he meets Mr Awkwardabouttoilets.

theibsnetwork.org/cant-wait-card/

Frankly, no one should be denied access to a bog but, this is the world we live in.

Boomzia:
Hello everyone, I start my driving full time Monday and I’m getting very bad anixty because of my ibs d… and worrying about if I deliver will they let me use the toilet if I need to go.

Firstly, are you sure you have IBS? Doctors are notoriously bad at confusing it with COELIAC DISEASE, as are online/self help medical sites.

If your loose bowels are accompanied by headaches, tiredness or anaemia either occasionally or regularly you might well be a coeliac and you can dump the self medication regime, which is NOT good for your innards, for some simple diet changes. Ask a different doctor or pharmacist for some advice. Untreated coeliac disease is not good long term.

Secondly, stop before your destination and use a services/ truck stop loo. Your employer must recognise a medical problem under a ‘duty of care’ so shouldn’t object.

Truckerian99:

Boomzia:

Firstly, are you sure you have IBS? Doctors are notoriously bad at confusing it with COELIAC DISEASE, as are online/self help medical sites.

If your loose bowels are accompanied by headaches, tiredness or anaemia either occasionally or regularly you might well be a coeliac and you can dump the self medication regime, which is NOT good for your innards, for some simple diet changes. Ask a different doctor or pharmacist for some advice. Untreated coeliac disease is not good long term.

Secondly, stop before your destination and use a services/ truck stop loo. Your employer must recognise a medical problem under a ‘duty of care’ so shouldn’t object.

You forgot rapid weight loss as well [emoji6]
I know as I have Coeliac’s and lost 6st in less than 6 months [emoji50]

Sent from my truck

Cheers for all the replys, well ima just try pepper mints and just try to not be nervous I think it’s all to do with my brain, seems like when ever get anixty or stressed I feel the urge to go, I just wanted to take immodium to make sure I didn’t go intill the next morning.

After few months on the road I’m hoping I’ll get used to it and enjoy the new career change.

Boomzia:
well ima just try pepper mints

Don’t eat too many, Peppermints are a natural laxative !
I have IBS (had it for years) best way as others have said is find out whats causing it. Try and eat healthy stuff and don’t stress it too much.
Places you are delivering to must allow access to toilets BY LAW. Unfortunately we all know that the drivers toilets wil be “at the gatehouse” 500 yards or more away, or “Round the other side of the building” and are locked when you get there so have to find the keyholder first.
Good Luck with it, and never pass up an oppurtunity to use a rest room when you can.

blue estate:

Truckerian99:

Boomzia:

You forgot rapid weight loss as well [emoji6]
I know as I have Coeliac’s and lost 6st in less than 6 months [emoji50]

IF ONLY!!! Diagnosed Coeliac 5 years ago and haven’t lost an ounce!

Sent from my truck