The curse of the buzzword & low pay!

Modern times are often plagued with new names, for instance ‘logistics’ was unheard of outside the military when I was a kid, and now this. Did no one at Currie Solutions consider that this makes them sound like an Indian ready meals manufacturer?

Curries still like the worst paying firms going?

adam277:

They didn’t used to be, Curries of Dumfries were a well respected firm with some knowledgable drivers in the 80s, one of the dozen or so regular UK hauliers running to Europe, many, many weekends spent in Carisio with their drivers.

adam277:

I’ll let you decide…

:smiley:

switchlogic:

adam277:

I’ll let you decide…

I’ve got two words to say to that, and one of them is eff-!

switchlogic:

adam277:

I’ll let you decide…

405 quid a week tramping■■? [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Monkey241:

switchlogic:

adam277:

I’ll let you decide…

405 quid a week tramping■■? [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Sounds like the pay from two longish night shifts to me.

They have to be kidding. Anyone that takes that has zero self respect.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Is it in a nice shiny motor with a micro wave?

For my sins I was there back in the 80s for a very short time , the dumfries joke was … what’s the difference between a bag o spuds and a wage from curries ,you can live for a week on a bag o spuds!!! . But some really good drivers back in the day , the place to go for experience back in the 80s.

I remember lots of crossings from Felixstowe to Zeebrugge in the 80s with Curries guys.They did a lot of work to Munich area if I remember correctly.

Might as well make it 2 on 6 off and stay under the income tax threshold.
1 night out per week one commute per week.What’s not to like.Beats 100 quid a week on Universal Credit. :smiley: :wink:

They’ve been building a new parking area at Ecclefechan next to the truckstop where the wind turbine is for the last few months and have about completed it. I saw one poor sap tonight around 11pm who just looked like he was starting.

WhiteTruckMan:

switchlogic:

adam277:

I’ll let you decide…

I’ve got two words to say to that, and one of them is eff-!

Efficient? Effect?

I’ve heard of a of jobs in this industry doing 4 on 4 off, which sounds great who doesn’t want a four day weekend? How does the pay work? Are you effectively doing an eight day week therefore at say 155 basic ( I’ve seen advertised locally to me) that’s 620 X 45.5 = 28k before overtime etc? Do you just max out the hours over four days to make it pay more?
Would you get the same basic every week or month plus OT, how do you budget? Cheers

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

We’re salaried, it’s divided by 52 so the same goes in the bank every week. Any extra days or the occasional night out goes in the following week.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

mutley:
We’re salaried, it’s divided by 52 so the same goes in the bank every week. Any extra days or the occasional night out goes in the following week.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Cheers Mut, handy to know.

Sent from my moto g 5G plus using Tapatalk

I don’t mind the “logistics” part, it’s the “solutions” that bugs me, sooooooooooo many companies use that in their tag line “Delivering XXXX Solutions to the XXXX industry” :unamused:

switchlogic:
Currie Solution

Isn’t that what ends up in the toilet bowl the morning after a vindaloo?

Monkey241:
405 quid a week tramping■■?

Assuming that’s salary then it works out at a neat £6.90 an hour since we know they’ll max hours out.

Thats before tax however so god knows what the post tax rates would be.

Gidders:
I remember lots of crossings from Felixstowe to Zeebrugge in the 80s with Curries guys.They did a lot of work to Munich area if I remember correctly.

Curries were a good outfit once over with good drivers and a good reputation, I used to know a couple of lads there and an owner driver.
Their reputation nowadays ain’t as good as it was shall we say, evident in that ■■■■ poor pay rate.
Came over on the Rotterdam boat a couple of times with a Dutch owner driver, Harry ? (I want to say Appleton, but it was a Dutch name) he still runs for them saw his motor on the M6 a couple of months ago.
You also see a few EE trucks pulling their trailers.