Manual entry

Hi all
Could someone tell me if I have a day out of the truck driving a van
Do I need to insert a manual entry onto my digital card for the day I was driving the van
Thanks

Yes

No. A written note such as in a diary for your ven driving day will suffice as far as the authorities are concerned. Way too much scope for disaster attempting to do manual entries for a full day.

the maoster:
No. A written note such as in a diary for your ven driving day will suffice as far as the authorities are concerned. Way too much scope for disaster attempting to do manual entries for a full day.

Why too much scope for disaster?

All that needs recording is start and finish and break times. Quite easy to do.

Record keeping on days when you do not drive

Non-working days, such as weekends and days off, do not need to be recorded. Drivers must record all other work on all driving and non-driving days within a week where they have undertaken EC- regulated driving since their last weekly rest.

For example, a driver who works in the office Monday and Tuesday then drives an in-scope vehicle on Wednesday of the same week must complete records for Monday and Tuesday manually.

simcor:

the maoster:

Non-working days, such as weekends and days off, do not need to be recorded. Drivers must record all other work on all driving and non-driving days within a week where they have undertaken EC- regulated driving since their last weekly rest.

For example, a driver who works in the office Monday and Tuesday then drives an in-scope vehicle on Wednesday of the same week must complete records for Monday and Tuesday manually.

Theres no requirement to say that those records must be recorded on a digicard though - simply that they have to be recorded.

Bit of a farce anyway, are people really going to say they drove for 1h 13m before switching modes for example…

toonsy:

simcor:

the maoster:

Theres no requirement to say that those records must be recorded on a digicard though - simply that they have to be recorded.

Bit of a farce anyway, are people really going to say they drove for 1h 13m before switching modes for example…

Same here, as I only drive every now and again I make an entry on my tacho analysis software for a non driving day, and keep a print out with me for when/if I get stopped. This shows daily and weekly rest periods. It may be two or three weeks between driving days for me, no way could I remember everything to do a manual entry on a tacho, it would take me hours to do it too.

I’m just glad I don’t have to bother too much with them now bar a few mins at the start of a day to show the end of yesterday and start of today but even thats just lip service as there’s no real booking on briefing or other such pretentious crap like that. Nor do we need to collect keys/paperwork.

When I was on the coaches they were massively into them. Wed start at say 08.52 and show 10 mins other work to amount for booking on qnd walking over the road to the train station, then get on a train at 09.02 and show 57 mins POA or break or whatever to account for the train journey, then another 10 mins other work for walking from train station to changeover point etc etc etc and if it was done you’d get hacked for it.

However what I will say is that it taught me very well how to do manual.entries extremely quickly and accurately do it holds no fear for me now. A lot of drivers still just dont know how to do them to a level where they’re confident enough and therefore it becomes a hassle. All the same its a hassle im glad I don’t have to bother with so much now.

manual entry’s are a piece of ■■■■ , and if you leave the card in all week you only have to do one for the previous thurs finish time & mon start time , as the saying goes , could do it with my eyes closed

toonsy:

It’s a van, you just bang in a load of other work to cover from starting til dinnertime, put in a 30 or 45 for lunch and then other work until you went home altering that as needed to keep the WTD happy.

Conor:

toonsy:

It’s a van, you just bang in a load of other work to cover from starting til dinnertime, put in a 30 or 45 for lunch and then other work until you went home altering that as needed to keep the WTD happy.

Yer thats kinda the point I’m making. Its that innacurate there’s almost no point in doing it as essentially you’re free to just make it up.

Personally I’d just file it under…‘‘Couldn’t be arsed’’. :smiley: