TFL Direct vision

Just wondering,as a lot of you will know tfl direct vision :open_mouth: :open_mouth: comes into force on 01/03/21,what happens if you don’t go into Greater London so don’t join, but through no fault of your own like M25 being closed for roadworks or accident you have to divert into it will you get fined?

Interesting, all of our owned units have the all round cameras and proximity sensors but peak period hire units don’t. Something else to think about at Xmas when we get the hire units in. Doubt if many of our hauliers that we use ad hoc have them either. Great way of getting out of doing London :laughing: :laughing:

Wtf is TFL Direct vision exactly? :neutral_face:
Sounds like some more modern management buzzword meaningless bull crap, so tell you what…
On second thoughts, don’t even tell me,.I ain’t ■■■■ interested. :unamused:
:smiley:

robroy:
Wtf is TFL Direct vision exactly? :neutral_face:
Sounds like some more modern management buzzword meaningless bull crap, so tell you what…
On second thoughts, don’t even tell me,.I ain’t [zb] interested. :unamused:
:smiley:

Just another money making scheme Rob like the congestion charge

What?
Another example of UK officialdom capitalising on road transport? :open_mouth:
Who would have thought it eh? :unamused:

robroy:
What?
Another example of UK officialdom capitalising on road transport? :open_mouth:
Who would have thought it eh? :unamused:

Anyone would think your cynical :laughing: :laughing:

One money spinner after another.

The fact that it says “may be fined” suggests there are some get out clauses, but can’t find anything specific. I guess its like going over your hours due to a traffic jam or going into a 7.5T zone and getting reported - you’d need to provide evidence / statement of why you were there.

Only concrete answer seems to be from their contact address unless it’s buried in one of the many PDFs they do love.

At this rate, there will be so many digns for congestion charge, LEZ, ULEZ, direct vision and all this, we’ll need to stop on the roundabout just to workout what junction we can take!

So glad we never go remotely near that “place”.

Uncleskid:
Just wondering,as a lot of you will know tfl direct vision :open_mouth: :open_mouth: comes into force on 01/03/21,what happens if you don’t go into Greater London so don’t join, but through no fault of your own like M25 being closed for roadworks or accident you have to divert into it will you get fined?

Exactly why/where would you need to go into Greater London to divert off the M25 ?.

Carryfast:

Uncleskid:

Exactly why/where would you need to go into Greater London to divert off the M25 ?.

M11, if diverted off the M25 onto the M11, no junction to turn until waterworks roundabout in woodford, you should of known that Carryfast as only junction is an on ramp to London and off ramp to Loughton prior to M25 unless it has changed since 2012.

if they head left its towards A12, right its towards B112 Crooked billet roundabout, if they are not off at the waterworks which both come under greater london. .

discoman:

Carryfast:

Uncleskid:

if diverted off the M25 onto the M11, no junction to turn until waterworks roundabout in woodford, you should of known that Carryfast as only junction is an on ramp to London and off ramp to Loughton prior to M25 unless it has changed since 2012.

if they head left its towards A12, right its towards B112 Crooked billet roundabout, if they are not off at the waterworks which both come under greater london. .

If you’ve got a non London friendly truck and assuming they are going to apply their silly rules, to every road ( not at the moment you can go off at junction 8 Reigate and cut through the very short corners of the Greater London boundaries at Tolworth to the A3 to go back out to junction 10.Similar at junction 9 through Hook.
Or from Hampton Court Bridge to Sunbury.Which provides loads of different options from there to either rejoin the M25.Or avoid it completely up to Watford if you want to for example, without a problem ) so I’d assume that applies to Havering the same ?.

While Northbound M11 and then A414 seems the default option east or westbound regarding your example ?.Similar in the case of the A25 for the Southern section.

The M25 is often a basket case to be avoided anyway where possible using the old roads as though it had never been built.

Any idea what area the zone covers?
As just left Manchester going fullham.
To be honest it’s 1st I’ve heard about this .then again if get a fine company can pay it. As. They should be aware of all the new laws etc

edd1974:
To be honest it’s 1st I’ve heard about this .then again if get a fine company can pay it. As. They should be aware of all the new laws etc

Basically anywhere inside the M25.

Our lot have had 20 units done at £700 a pop. Thankfully mine isn’t one of them!

edd1974:

It doesn’t start until 01/03/21

Carryfast:

Uncleskid:

Just before Christmas I was running back from Kent regular in the early hours and M25 used to be closed at J28 the diversion was A12 through Romford / Ilford to Redbridge Roundabout and onto M11 that’s what got me thinking

Anyone know what exactly this means…I just looked at their site and it just shows a pic of a dustcart type cab compared to a normal cab, it doesn’t go into any detail of what a conversion consists of.

Carryfast:

discoman:

Carryfast:

Uncleskid:

if diverted off the M25 onto the M11, no junction to turn until waterworks roundabout in woodford, you should of known that Carryfast as only junction is an on ramp to London and off ramp to Loughton prior to M25 unless it has changed since 2012.

If you’ve got a non London friendly truck and assuming they are going to apply their silly rules, to every road ( not at the moment you can go off at junction 8 Reigate and cut through the very short corners of the Greater London boundaries at Tolworth to the A3 to go back out to junction 10.Similar at junction 9 through Hook.
Or from Hampton Court Bridge to Sunbury.Which provides loads of different options from there to either rejoin the M25.Or avoid it completely up to Watford if you want to for example, without a problem ) so I’d assume that applies to Havering the same ?.

While Northbound M11 and then A414 seems the default option east or westbound regarding your example ?.Similar in the case of the A25 for the Southern section.

The M25 is often a basket case to be avoided anyway where possible using the old roads as though it had never been built.

If the Highways, or Essex police divert the trucks off on to the London bound carriage, they cannot get off anywhere other than the M11, tell me what has Surrey or the A3 got to do with junction 25/26 of M25

content.tfl.gov.uk/hgv-safety-pe … london.pdf
tfl.gov.uk/info-for/deliveries- … afe-system
Top link goes into details

From what i can gather, most of the wagons most of us drive will be zero star rated, ie having no small window set into the passenger door.
To get the permit it looks like various types of camera and sensor monitoring will have to be fitted, with blind spot cameras to the nearside as well as the now typical all round lenses with in cab viewing, audible proximity warnings in the cab from the nearside sensors (which get triggered by kerbs dustbins light poles shrubbery, anything basically :unamused: ), audible exterior warning when turning left, various warning labels to nearside and rear, underrun aide guards with few exceptions.

In my humble those silly little windows set into the nearside door are about as much use as a chocolate teapot, unless, they a small wide angle mirror is fitted to take full advantage of that lowewr site line.
None of the above will stop people doing stupid things around lorries no matter how much eletrickery is installed, the driver does not have 6 sets of eyes.

I agree with above. Non of this new technology n stuff will prevent acvidents.
It’s all.the cyclists moped riders and. people.who walk around headphones in …in There own little world. There the cause of most of the accidents not the drivers.
But as ever it’s a money making scheme along with the rise in the congestion zone charge

the maoster:

edd1974:

Basically anywhere inside the M25.

Our lot have had 20 units done at £700 a pop. Thankfully mine isn’t one of them!

Same boundaries as the LEZ ?

There are a few chunks inside the M25, including the Watford area. Only know that because we did a few trips there and normally have to pay the £200, or customer does, and it’s going up as well in March ?