Bridge Basher

Not seen this one before. 2018 it was uploaded it says.

rearaxle:
Not seen this one before. 2018 it was uploaded it says.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmNPRS9JhXM

Hasn’t dropped the suspension to ride height no wonder he’s kissing all the bridges

Brilliant idea imo, shave a little off on each bridge and eventually you’ll fit under anything.

Aside from levelling it up with a bay, for what reason should the trailer need to be raised? Making trailers that can be raised by the driver to above the minimum clearance for unmarked bridges seems like a recipe for disaster - IMO the people able to do that should only be mechanics or tyre fitters (Ie perhaps a skeleton key or something).

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

KarlM:
Aside from levelling it up with a bay, for what reason should the trailer need to be raised? Making trailers that can be raised by the driver to above the minimum clearance for unmarked bridges seems like a recipe for disaster - IMO the people able to do that should only be mechanics or tyre fitters (Ie perhaps a skeleton key or something).

There’s plenty of numbskulls driving trucks now as per the video so great idea let’s dumb it down more so we’re not allowed to raise and lower our own suspension that’s an absolute classic !!!
Never heard of boarding ferries low loaders car transporters etc etc do you want me to go on numbskull

The thick ■■■■ is driving with his trailer suspension air bags fully inflated. Clear as day in the 1:43 clip. Trailer is about 17 ft high. :unamused: EE for sure.

KarlM:

Drivers responsibilty…

To ensure his truck and trailer is fit to travel safely.

I used to tip a DD at Asda Bedford on nights. They’d raise the suspension right up to tip it but never told you they’d done it. As a matter of course, I walk around and check things and to be honest, I spotted it as I walked up to it what they’d done. A few months later, I’ve got the gaffer on the line telling me that a newbie had clouted a bridge on the M1 northbound with a DD.

Doesn’t take much to walk around the whole thing and check stuff is where it should be.

KarlM:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Checking the ride height and height clearance is part of your walk round vehicle check. Nothing needs to be changed except the thick ■■■■■ have their licences cancelled.

Mick Bracewell:

KarlM:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Checking the ride height and height clearance is part of your walk round vehicle check. Nothing needs to be changed except the thick [zb] have their licences cancelled.

Ah yes but where was said licence acquired is the question

robthedog:

KarlM:

There’s plenty of numbskulls driving trucks now as per the video so great idea let’s dumb it down more so we’re not allowed to raise and lower our own suspension that’s an absolute classic !!!

But that’s exactly the way it is in the job today, there are so many inept idiots who have managed to blag a licence now, that they are actually legislating for them, or with them in mind at least.
That is why we have all this unnecessary electronic crap on trucks now, like the lane warning, automatic braking, and all the rest of it…because these ■■■■ s can’t drive.

robroy:

robthedog:

KarlM:

But that’s exactly the way it is in the job today, there are so many inept idiots who have managed to blag a licence now, that they are actually legislating for them, or with them in mind at least.
That is why we have all this unnecessary electronic crap on trucks now, like the lane warning, automatic braking, and all the rest of it…because these [zb] s can’t drive.

Bang on the nail. When I did my stint on the buses in Brisbane, we had some mini merc’s on the fleet briefly. As you started this noisy little 4 pot engine the A/C came on full belt. The passengers enjoyed this very much in a cold winters morning. The reason given for this was drivers not using the A/C properly. Glad to say they didn’t last long anyway. So yeah you’re right, all down to the lowest common denominator. Those of us that can think for ourselves should be allowed to shoot anyone going for a Darwin award. :wink:

I pull DD’s quite often And in ten years i twice had a fault with the suspension and it had raised to max height on the journey back (both times trailer was empty) only way it would reset was to lower it totally then let the air build up. Pressing the reset button in the back of the trailer failed to work. Both times i knew i had a problem was a booming sound when you go under a motorway bridge. So the driver may not be a moron he may just got a fault with the trailer.

Would it not be better to equip a trailer to auto adjust? There’s huge inconsistencies in trailers but standardising some things would help. Our newer trailers the ride height adjuster pops out over a certain speed so it’ll default to ride height when running.

I dont know if its a thing across the board that has to be installed on new trailers, but if it was it would stop this from happening.