Britain's highest paid Pro Driver - gets a gong

'Tis a pity the rest of us Pro Drivers - struggle to get much recognition, let alone a “decent living”…

Everywhere you go it is “Thanks to NHS workers and other key workers.”

Yeah I mean when I’ve backed onto a bay and laid on my bunk for a few hours before moving forward off that bay I’ve often wondered why I don’t get the same recognition as those (often paid less than us) who are giving life saving care :unamused:

Drivers Key workers [emoji848]
Not Really we are just doing what we do every day.
Iv lost count of the amount of drivers moaning about wearing a mask for 5 mins while in a drivers reception.
Try wearing full PPE and a mask for twelve hour shifts,
While working on a Covid ward watching people die for the last year like one of my Daughters.
Then think Key worker.
Ok we do a good job delivering everything but that’s our choice.
Stay safe all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A record breaking F1 world champion, and a bloke who drives an artic.
Much the same, we both drive, so what a brilliant example to justify us getting a pay raise.
:bulb:
A million quid and a crack at Nicole Shirtzinger, after getting home on a Saturday.

A bloke who drives an artic, and people up to their knees in ■■■■ in highly contagious environments, trying their best to save lives, not just in the pandemic but every other aspect of medical care.
Yep delivering bog rolls and beans is much the same,.what a ■■■■ cheek eh? , all those freeloaders taking the credit. :imp:
I’m with you Winseer, well said. :sunglasses:

It’s about time that the virtue signaling, tax-dodging, full of himself ■■■■■■ got his just recognition. At least this might soften the blow to his gargantuan ego, after being ■■■■■ slapped by the European Court

planetf1.com/news/lewis-ham … rk-battle/

This of course is the man so proud of his country, that he moved to Monaco,as soon as possible, to avoid paying tax to support his beloved country. Who rams our guilt and shame for the behaviour of “our” ancestors down our throats at every opportunity, but conveniently forgets his employers recent support for the ■■■■ regime.

It’s amazing the amount of people that slag him off on other soshal meeja sites because he is getting a gong, citing his tax affairs. Sir Jackie Stewart lives in Switzerland, not Sockland, yet nobody asks for his gong to be returned. He’s not living there because he likes the Sound of Music and Julie Andrews. There are many British citizens that have got knighthoods, that we don’t hear about, that live oversees for tax reasons.

I met Lewis at McLaren in 2010 over lunch, and on screen he comes across all gangster sometimes, but I found him very nice, polite and charming, and although I don’t agree with him banging on about BLM, and using sport as a plinth to do it, I think he deserves all the success he gets. Yes, he happens to have got most of his titles in the best car, but any driver in the best car is going to have success.

Ken.

Thought this was gonna be a thread on Dozy finally getting the recognition he so richly deserves.

Quinny:
Yes, he happens to have got most of his titles in the best car, but any driver in the best car is going to have success.

youtube.com/watch?v=JoAbL8EA79k

Real racing = road racing on two wheels.

facebook.com/EvolvePolitics … 6838083254
Posted this before I read some of the previous comments.

Personally I find the present awards thing an antiquated idea that has run its course. MBE-what British Empire for example? As has the House of Lords.

I certainly recognise that many people do invaluable service for the community. But it seems to me that those most worthy of recognition work quietly, often behind the scenes, and often unpaid. They are the people we should recognise.