Anyone here had the covid antibody test?

I had a kit sent out 2 days ago. Done sample yesterday and sent away to a lab down south.

Just wondering if anyones done it and what the results were?

My results came back fine.

Harry Monk:
My results came back fine.

:grimacing:

What does it prove.
Anti Bodies don’t seem to mean immunity in the case of Covid.

I did too sir. The question i asked wss if anyone had had it or seen a result return.

cgscott:
I had a kit sent out 2 days ago. Done sample yesterday and sent away to a lab down south.

where did you get the kit from please

cooper1203:

China :smiling_imp:

I’ve had the antibody test - came back negative…

As everyone I talk to has apparently had and recovered from Covid you’d think that the priority would be testing everyone for antibodies. However as folk are seemingly becoming more blasé/bored with Covid then obviously “the fear” needs to be ramped up a bit. Therefore we’re now told that immunity is only fleeting and anybody can catch the plague numerous times. So I reckon that antibody tests will become redundant.

the maoster:
As everyone I talk to has apparently had and recovered from Covid you’d think that the priority would be testing everyone for antibodies. However as folk are seemingly becoming more blasé/bored with Covid then obviously “the fear” needs to be ramped up a bit. Therefore we’re now told that immunity is only fleeting and anybody can catch the plague numerous times. So I reckon that antibody tests will become redundant.

If everyone you talk to has had and recovered from COVID, would you care to repeat that you are sceptical of what you hear?
Or not? .
Sceptics booze up next week.
You’ve been elected to pay!
Nah, I don’t believe the last bit.

I’ve never been sceptical of the prescence of Covid, I was and still remain sceptical of the whole project fear surrounding it. As you’re a huge fan of Trump you’ll be aware of his proclamation that the cure could be worse than the disease. I happen to subscribe to that ethos 100%. The whole propaganda machine has been geared towards those like yourself who are subconsciously terrified of change, the bogeyman or a myriad of other things that cause the lizard part of your brain to light up.
It’s an almost delicious tremor of fear that you subconsciously revel in.

I had the NHS one when working in private nursing. Came back negative and result was by email within 48 hours. Haven’t met anyone who has tested positive, but know two people who had it and both fully recovered.

It’s a particularly nasty form of flu with the same symptoms and although many can catch it, its mortality rate is minimal, around 0.03% I believe. The danger is for the elderly who have a weak immune system and those with respiratory illnesses such as asthma or bronchitis. If you’re average healthy you may catch it and have a horrible week in bed, but after that you’re good to go.

the maoster:
As everyone I talk to has apparently had and recovered from Covid you’d think that the priority would be testing everyone for antibodies. However as folk are seemingly becoming more blase/bored with Covid then obviously “the fear” needs to be ramped up a bit. Therefore we’re now told that immunity is only fleeting and anybody can catch the plague numerous times. So I reckon that antibody tests will become redundant.

Not much point in ramping up any ‘project fear’ agenda when by saying anti bodies but no immunity means no immune response.
It might as well be from planet Zog as made in a lab because our bodies can’t recognise it as a pathogen either way so basically we’re zb’d.Even if anyone did trust a useless ‘vaccine’ for such a virus.Which by definition would just be the same thing.
So back to the pub and get on with our lives. :bulb:

Antibodies just denote that the body has tried/is trying to defend itself.Not that the defence was successful resulting in long term immunity.

According to Mike Yeadon…testing for antibodies is pointless,as most people(with a healthy immune system)will have beat the virus by other means.

T cells apparently remember what previous viruses…or even similar viruses look like and attack them straight away.

As c19 is very similar to the 4xcorona viruses that have been circulating for decades…he reckons lots of us won’t even make antibodies as they are a last line of defence.

T cells will have already done the work

Grandpa:
I had the NHS one when working in private nursing. Came back negative and result was by email within 48 hours. Haven’t met anyone who has tested positive, but know two people who had it and both fully recovered.

It’s a particularly nasty form of flu with the same symptoms and although many can catch it, its mortality rate is minimal, around 0.03% I believe. The danger is for the elderly who have a weak immune system and those with respiratory illnesses such as asthma or bronchitis. If you’re average healthy you may catch it and have a horrible week in bed, but after that you’re good to go.

Mortality rate 0.03% ?
Source please?
That is remarkably low figure of all the ones being thrown around. Because C19 is a new disease, testing is far from good yet, and If no one accurately knows how many cases there are then any mortality rate is only an estimate. However, 0.03% is much less than most.
C19 doesn’t have “The same symptoms as the flu”
who.int/emergencies/disease … t=symptoms
(The flu normally has a running or blocked nose, often absent with COVID 19.)
The WHO site talks more about the death rate too.
There is a heightened risk for those with respiratory problems, but it would be misleading to say that only those people, and the elderly are at risk:
scientificamerican.com/arti … -covid-19/
Much more of this and about the long term effects of C19 is available in reputable articles.

That was probably the thing I got sent last week.
It started off as ‘‘Covid 19…You have ben invited to…’’
That was as far as I got before I put it in my ‘Simply couldn’t be arsed file’'.

Jeez Franglais mate, if you get a one sent it will be right up your strasse…be like winning the lottery for you, . :wink: :laughing:

cooper1203:

cgscott:

Got sent a txt to register aa i had a test for covid back in june.

Franglais:

Grandpa:

Mortality rate 0.03% ?
Source please?
That is remarkably low figure of all the ones being thrown around. Because C19 is a new disease, testing is far from good yet, and If no one accurately knows how many cases there are then any mortality rate is only an estimate. However, 0.03% is much less than most.
There is a heightened risk for those with respiratory problems, but it would be misleading to say that only those people, and the elderly are at risk:
Much more of this and about the long term effects of C19 is available in reputable articles.

Oh no, not you again :slight_smile:
Read the Barrington declaration and also learn to separate fact from fiction.

Every so often we get a doomsday prophecy. People will remember Al Gore and his ice caps melting undeniable ‘scientific’ proof that the world would flood in 2015. Before that of course, we had the new coming ice age in the 70/80’s. Following all that we had Greta and her 12 years before the world fries to a crisp, or we all freeze to death depending on which belief side of the extinction rebellion you’re on. In between, we had the MERS, SARS, swine flu, bird flu, we’ll starve if we leave the EU, Russians invading Europe and all the rest of it.

It’s a succession of belief based virtual reality horror and we love it. We even do cosplay on this one, dressing up in Tesco loose fitting paper masks and standing a hop, skip and jump from each other.

A little while ago I did a piece on the covid flu, so to save me rambling on, have a read. I followed it with a first satirical piece, which is part of a trilogy of political satire. No need to download, just scroll down to read both.

https://www.academia.edu/44336833/WTF_Featuring_Our_New_Covid_Times

Grandpa:

Franglais:

Grandpa:

Mortality rate 0.03% ?
Source please?

Every so often we get a doomsday prophecy. People will remember Al Gore and his ice caps melting undeniable ‘scientific’ proof that the world would flood in 2015. Before that of course, we had the new coming ice age in the 70/80’s. Following all that we had Greta and her 12 years before the world fries to a crisp, or we all freeze to death depending on which belief side of the extinction rebellion you’re on. In between, we had the MERS, SARS, swine flu, bird flu, we’ll starve if we leave the EU, Russians invading Europe and all the rest of it.

It’s a succession of belief based virtual reality horror and we love it. We even do cosplay on this one, dressing up in Tesco loose fitting paper masks and standing a hop, skip and jump from each other.

A little while ago I did a piece on the covid flu, so to save me rambling on, have a read. I followed it with a first satirical piece, which is part of a trilogy of political satire. No need to download, just scroll down to read both.

(PDF) The Great British Coronavirus Flu Hoax | John V Asia Teacher - Academia.edu

Academia.edu?
A commercial website publishing no peer reviewed or edited articles.
Under current rules it wouldn’t qualify as a.edu domain.
0.03% mortality source?
Barrington!

Franglais:

Grandpa:

Franglais:

Grandpa:

Mortality rate 0.03% ?
Source please?

(PDF) The Great British Coronavirus Flu Hoax | John V Asia Teacher - Academia.edu

Academia.edu?
A commercial website publishing no peer reviewed or edited articles.
Under current rules it wouldn’t qualify as a.edu domain.
0.03% mortality source?
Barrington!

They’re my articles, not for commercial gain, they’re free to read. Would you like to point me to something you’ve published, or are you going to keep stamping your foot and rely on the government version and mass-media?

The ‘Barrington Declaration’, don’t be lazy, look it up and read it. Dear me, if the government told you the only way to protect yourself against flu was to put your head in a bucket of water and breathe deeply, come on be honest, you’d do it, wouldn’t you. :laughing: