license expiry

Hi all, so I was a lorry driver through the 80’s, been out of it since 1990. So im thinking of going back on the road. I’ve rang a driver training company up and they’ve said my licence may have expired! I’ve checked on govt website and I only have C1, C1E. I’m i right in thinking its been taken off? Also if so how do I get it back, retest? Cheers in advance.

Looking for some advise please ppl… Just passed my theory multiple choice and hazard perception but yet to do case studies…Any advise where I could find some material to study? Cheers.[emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Canterbury:
Looking for some advise please ppl… Just passed my theory multiple choice and hazard perception but yet to do case studies…Any advise where I could find some material to study? Cheers.[emoji106]

Check out the links in my signature below

Thanks Rog much appreciated

hamma:
Hi all, so I was a lorry driver through the 80’s, been out of it since 1990. So im thinking of going back on the road. I’ve rang a driver training company up and they’ve said my licence may have expired! I’ve checked on govt website and I only have C1, C1E. I’m i right in thinking its been taken off? Also if so how do I get it back, retest? Cheers in advance.

Unfortunately DVLA records of passes did not get computerised until the mid 80s I think so your record of passing the test is not at DVLA
If DVLA do not have your old HGV pass on their system then as far as they are concerned you never passed the test
All you can do if that is the case is to do this to get CE
Mod 1a theory
Mod 1b HPT
Mod 3 LGV C practical
then CE practical

To get your DQC you need the 35 hours of periodic attendance driver cpc and if you get the right training provider some of those hours can be gained doing C and CE - probably 14 for each = 28 of the 35 needed
You can at the moment do 35 hours online via video link as an alternative which you can do now as you have the free LGV C1

Thanks Rog, it might be worth ringing them to find out. As I was on the road until 1990. I then did do a short amout of agency work around 2000. I renewed my paper licence to a photo credit card type later, I never looked at the time to see what categories were on there until now. But thanks very much really appreciate the info.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=159825
another member had the same issue