What’s the story behind that?

windrush:
Ha ha, I can remember Leyland’s effort. Much tidier! :wink:

Pete.

To be the DAF looks like a poor DIY attempt not factory. :smiling_imp:

windrush:

Pete.

I’ve heard of this before anyone know what happened to it? Is it in the museum up at Leyland now?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Yours for £10,400 :laughing:

ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-DAF-XF- … SwIotfN87J

youtube.com/watch?v=o_TNfLpc91M

bee80b87-3a0f-4392-875a-00ae01add96e.jpg

spacemanZ10:

windrush:

Pete.

I’ve heard of this before anyone know what happened to it? Is it in the museum up at Leyland now?

I remember seeing that Cabriolet Roadtrain at motor show, on the Leyland stand in the 80s (possibly Glasgow) sure it was maroon with tan upholstery and hood.

ezydriver:
Yours for £10,400 [emoji38]

ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-DAF-XF- … SwIotfN87J

Think I will give it a miss , looks like they tried to get under debdale lane bridge![emoji16]

robroy:
I remember seeing that Cabriolet Roadtrain at motor show, on the Leyland stand in the 80s (possibly Glasgow) sure it was maroon with tan upholstery and hood.

The cab was fitted to a newer chassis, the original probably scrapped years ago.

big al st:

Hope it’s got a decent night heater :smiley:

robroy:

Hi robroy seen it probably at same show I’m sure it was burgundy with white Connolly hide interior.sure it was Crayford that built it cheers Ray p.s. Kelvin hall Glasgow

I remember that Leyland Cabriolet doing a trip to the south of France one Summer and it being covered by one of the trucking magazines.

The cab was converted by Crayford Conversions. There is one undergoing restoration in a shed in the UK.

Im not sure how many T45 Cabrio were built.

I wonder if Reyner’s ever ran the one in their livery, I can’t recal seeing it on the road? The regulations that were introduced regarding cab structure strength of roofs would have knocked it into touch anyway I guess, although if it hadn’t a roof in the first place they would be hard pressed to test it! :slight_smile:

Pete.