Rude truck drivers

In my car yesterday, 50mph speed dual carriageway. Hermes truck comes past overtaking on his limiter complete disregard for the 50mph speed limit. Despite this after he’d past me I still flashed him in and he couldn’t even be arsed to flash his indicators to say thank you. What is it with truckers? Can’t keep to speed limits and can’t be bothered to say thank you to a courteous car driver and then expect car drivers to let us out and let us into other lanes etc.

DickyNick:
In my car yesterday, 50mph speed dual carriageway. Hermes truck comes past overtaking on his limiter complete disregard for the 50mph speed limit. Despite this after he’d past me I still flashed him in and he couldn’t even be arsed to flash his indicators to say thank you. What is it with truckers? Can’t keep to speed limits and can’t be bothered to say thank you to a courteous car driver and then expect car drivers to let us out and let us into other lanes etc.

Did you scream “DASHCAM!” as you ■■■■■■■■■■■

Why bother flashing him in if he annoyed you so much?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

idrive:

DickyNick:

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

drover:
Why bother flashing him in if he annoyed you so much?

Because I’m courteous and professional (even in my car) and don’t act like well this driver has done this so I’m going to do this attitude. He didn’t bother with the speed limit as many truckers don’t but I’ll still flash you in to be courtesy. And he couldn’t even be bothered flashing his indicators. And car drivers generally don’t like us why I wonder

idrive:

DickyNick:

Typically lorry driver nothing intelligent to say.

So, if you have ever wondered why socks become odd. It is because the natural breakdown of any relationship.

One has to be right.
So the other one left.

I thought being rude was a requirement to become a modern lorry driver?

Last time I looked , Flashing in and alternate indicator flashing for thanks wasn’t in Highway Code

Sent while from gods know where

blue estate:
Last time I looked , Flashing in and alternate indicator flashing for thanks wasn’t in Highway Code

Sent while from gods know where

Well your correct there. Try changing the unwritten rules of the road that have been used for decades now. As you well know it’s the normal thing to do despite the Highway Code not saying it.

why do you care? :unamused:

maga:
why do you care? :unamused:

I don’t. But many drivers seem to find it a mystery why the British motoring public don’t like trucks and their drivers. I’m just highlighting some of the reasons why to lift the curtain covering the mystery of it.

DickyNick:

Flashing your headlights simply means “I am Here”, it doesn’t mean anything else, he knows you are there because you were poncing about in front of him at 46-47 mph while his calibrated instrument showed he could do 50 mph quite legally.

Lorry drivers don’t expect car drivers to let them out, they expect you as a car driver to follow some simple rules; drive on the left, check your mirrors and gtf out of the way, especially on slip roads, junctions etc.

If you want to thank a professional driver, behave like one. If you want more there are lay-by and parking spots for that!

DickyNick:
What is it with truckers? Can’t keep to speed limits .

What,…you mean nobody has answered this question to you ■■?..after asking it on virtually every ■■■■ post you make. :unamused:
Jake will be along soon to put you out of your misery…try and hang on.

robroy:

DickyNick:
What is it with truckers? Can’t keep to speed limits .

What,…you mean nobody has answered this question to you ■■?..after asking it on virtually every [zb] post you make. :unamused:
Jake will be along soon to put you out of your misery…try and hang on.

Now now Rob you know people on here don’t have multiple user names :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

■■■■■■■■■■■ a sock puppet that’s planning to shoot up people?

Disarm it.

Funny how different people see things differently. I’m long retired so most of my driving is done in a car. I’ve always flashed lorry drivers in no matter what I’m driving, when I started driving with the roads and the lorries of the day lorry drivers needed all the help they could get and appreciated it. Nowadays I still do it out of habit, they often don’t respond and then move over when they’re ready. Do I get upset? No. I assume they’re not expecting a flash from a car and so not watching the mirror or maybe don’t trust me even if they are.
I don’t give a toss one way or the other.
Bernard

albion1938:
Funny how different people see things differently. I’m long retired so most of my driving is done in a car. I’ve always flashed lorry drivers in no matter what I’m driving, when I started driving with the roads and the lorries of the day lorry drivers needed all the help they could get and appreciated it. Nowadays I still do it out of habit, they often don’t respond and then move over when they’re ready. Do I get upset? No. I assume they’re not expecting a flash from a car and so not watching the mirror or maybe don’t trust me even if they are.
I don’t give a toss one way or the other.
Bernard

Aye but these things are important to Dicky…and Rowley his alter ego. :smiley:

AndieHyde:
So, if you have ever wondered why socks become odd. It is because the natural breakdown of any relationship.

One has to be right.
So the other one left.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
there is always a bit of a dilemma regarding socks…

which one is which??
for me the first one i put on is the left sock,then the second one is the right sock. how about the rest of you?

the answer to this and many more sock related futire issues will be much more interesting than the latest offering of pish from mr multi id…
he is fishing well this weekend again,but best not pander to him. :laughing: :laughing:

How accurate is your car Speedo op ? My cars miles out .