Here is a new one

Here is a new one ( on me at least ).

Class 1 job advertised on indeed ( job requirements, must be good at polishing )
Urgently needed
We are pleased to be offering a vacancy to join our family-run business which has been trading for over 33 years, based in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire.

PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE VEHICLE…THIS VACANCY IS ONLY OPEN TO A DRIVER WHO IS EXPERIENCED WITHIN AND HAS A SPECIFIC EYE TO DETAIL WITH POLISHING ETC

HGV Class1 Tramper

5 shifts one week, 6 shifts next week.
General haulage refrigeration and retail
Minimum experience of 3 years required along with good knowledge and understanding of driver hours and regulations etc.
Local applicants preferred to avoid any possible difficulties commuting, but may consider for the right candidate if reliable.
The chosen candidate will be a reliable, responsible individual and will benefit from good rate of pay, top spec kit, and will have overall control of one of our fleet. MUST BE OK WITH TRAMPING - NIGHTS OUT ETC.

As a business, we take a great amount of pride in all of our trucks and we are fortunate to have our hardworking drivers who share this view.

Job Type: Full-time

Benefits:

Company Pension
Experience:

Class 1 & MUST BE OK WITH TRAMPING: 3 years (Preferred)

Just posted - report job.

Thought it was going to be the firm my lad is at until I read where it was in the UK. Pretty much exactly his job, also specced top motors and the owner is well into truck showing and all the drivers keep their units in immaculate condition.

And probably £9 p/h tops, right through.

Max hours…check

Every spare moment truck polishing…check

Undisclosed pay structure…check

You pay for damage…probably check

Compulsory truck show attendance…probably check

My application form sent…not check.

[emoji23] only kiddin’. All due respect to those that love all that but no ta from me.

Don’t forget, you have to supply your own pledge as well… :stuck_out_tongue:

Who’s the lickcock btw? :unamused: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue:

What else might I call someone prepared to buff anything up, presumably with their tongue, in lieu of their first wage packet? :laughing:
(Pledge ain’t cheap…)

I recon that the TNUK “dragons den” would say “I’m out”

I guess that won’t pay more than about 9ph maybe 9.20 pH as all fridge work don’t pay well as your usually waiting about ages. And everything the previous reply said is true I bet you will pay for any damages and they will tell you when your waiting about to get tips you have to polish the outside of the cab. Straight away I seen it before I worked with agency for years different firms every day. If they have that attitude the driver will be about fith down the line after customer ,load,wagon,trailer ect. Most family run business in haulage are bad to work foras they will make you work max hours as they are struggling any way to make a profit. Why any one in the right mind would pay between 3000 and 4000 including retests ect to do this job .

Waits for the usual replies from the plobbers, 8hr day men, I won’t get out off bed, union Wannabees, and other nay-sayers.

The advert tells you they expect you to keep it polished, attend truck shows, and go tramping, If that doesn’t suit your needs then don’t apply. There’s lots of firms who attended shows, and on Fridays most are back in the yard early, mucking in washing, down, but so many Companies now don’t want staff to communicate, or talk to each other. Let alone take pride.

Gaffer has not hidden anything. I bet it’s a lovely motor you wont just be a number and I also have a Good wager it’s not £9 an hour.

Shame it’s no where near Me :smiley:

As long as some gaffer is going to pay for the cleaning kit, and more importantly pay me to polish in THEIR time, what’s the problem exactly?
I’d even suffer the truckshows as long as I was paid well for attending.
Only thing that would make me wary of applying is no mention of wage, hourly rate, or salary, but more emphasis on the quality of the truck…( as if that is going to attract me or anybody else in their right mind just because of that. :unamused: )

red7jase:
Gaffer has not hidden anything. I bet it’s a lovely motor you wont just be a number and I also have a Good wager it’s not £9 an hour.

He has though, as I said he’s ‘hidden’ the rate of pay, the reason we all (well most of us) do it ffs.
He says ‘Good pay rate’ his idea of that and everybody else’s may differ.
He’s hardly gonna say ‘mediocre pay rate’ is he.
And how do you know you won’t be a number exactly?..unless you know about the firm and who they are of course.

ezydriver:
And probably £9 p/h tops, right through.

His place actually pays overtime at a proper time and a half rate and the boss is often telling them to put a couple of hours extra on the timesheet as well as paying a max hour day when they’re on the fridges regardless of what they do.

you will never know till you apply and find out the good or the bad.

most places that advertise pay rates that look good usually end up crap when you work out the entire deal.

the owner obviously dont want anyone with a limper/plobber mindset and would prefer someone who takes a genuine pride in the job.
it dont mean that he wants a low paid mug to polish his plant.

if you want to trunk your poverty spec every night as a cabbage in a seat then thats what to do as theres as much of a difference in the two aspects of the job.

anything i drive myself on the random trips i do will be a blinged up gruntmobile as it was when i was full time ,but apaft from a wash and scrub now and again,then i wouldnt be doing it in my own unpaid time,hence although itl be a proper job,then it wouldnt suit me for that reason alone.
different strokes for different folks again,but il bet the winning applicant is a happier man that bogdan the limper fleet spec trunkman whether or not his wages are different at the end of the week.

Is a dirty bunk better than a clean day cab though?
…Or allowances for everything, but low base pay?

It is argued that too high an hourly rate - encourages plobbers/limpers as you put it, whilst I would have thought that for not being paid breaks - would encourage the exact opposite?

Surely we’ve all worked at some yard in our lives where the full time staff seem to be endlessly in the rest room drinking tea inbetween runs, but are then relucant to show such breaks on their digicards - as they don’t get paid for breaks taken that show on the card.?

robroy:

red7jase:

He has though, as I said he’s ‘hidden’ the rate of pay, the reason we all (well most of us) do it ffs.
He says ‘Good pay rate’ his idea of that and everybody else’s may differ.
He’s hardly gonna say ‘mediocre pay rate’ is he.
And how do you know you won’t be a number exactly?..unless you know about the firm and who they are of course.

Right, he wouldn’t say ‘mediocre pay’ but ‘competitive pay’. That means we pay the same as everyone else but who wouldn’t want to drive a shiny wagon. :smiley:

I’m wondering if the ad is genuine at all! Given the emphasis on truck polishing I’m thinking it could be one of our resident trolls that’s found a very clever way to get their garbage on here!!!
If so, that’s got to be a 10 out of 10 for ingenuity [emoji2]

nomiS36:
I’m wondering if the ad is genuine at all! Given the emphasis on truck polishing I’m thinking it could be one of our resident trolls that’s found a very clever way to get their garbage on here!!!

Click on my name then click on ‘’ search this user’s posts ‘’ or whatever it say and look for trolling posts or threads by me.

Yes there is a massive amount of trolls on this forum but am not one of them.

Then there is the screen shot above, what more do you need, a guided tour of the guys fleet ?

nomiS36:

Its a company in The Forest of Dean. I think Cinderford area. Check it on indeed put Gloucester.

Well-Jell:

nomiS36:

Click on my name then click on ‘’ search this user’s posts ‘’ or whatever it say and look for trolling posts or threads by me.

Yes there is a massive amount of trolls on this forum but am not one of them.

Then there is the screen shot above, what more do you need, a guided tour of the guys fleet ?

I was joking and I didn’t mean you! [emoji23]
2 smart 4 me owen gud me [emoji2957]

Woosh