London congestion charge is racist yes that right

Unbelievable.
The congestion charge is going up…fair enough
Uber are kicking up a fuss challenging the government.
black cabbies are exempt/get a discount. Uber drivers don’t.

Been listening to there case.
And basically there saying almost all black cab drivers are white English
Most uber drivers are from ethnic backgrounds.
And there arguing it’s racist . Against uber drivers because of there ethnicity
Totally unbeluvable you can’t make it up at times

Why should black taxis be exempt they do the same job as private hire drivers. If
black taxis done there job in the first place private hire firms would never have started up. Say the man who’s hole family is black taxi drivers all tax cheat.

Where will it all end !!

fingermissing:
Why should black taxis be exempt they do the same job as private hire drivers.

By definition no they don’t.Black cabs are similar to buses in picking up people from the road side not subject to pre booking.
If Uber want the same rules as black cabs then they will have to go through the same Hackney Carriage licencing process as black cabs.

As it stands our immigration policy has decimated the cab trade with over capacity of 'unskilled; immigrant labour.We can’t emigrate to Australia or Canada as cab drivers so why should anyone be allowed to come here to work driving a cab.

black taxi hackneys are public hire whereas uber and anything else is private hire.

2 completely different options for providing a similar service with the proviso that public hire can be hailed by the public whereas private hire can only be prebooked.

hackneys have to pass a knowledge test with the drivers vetted for criminal history whereas with unlicensed private hire cars like uber,then all you need is to be smelling of garlic,a hairy chest and a gold chain round your neck and away you go hence the standard of driver it attracts.
even licenced private hire have to pass the council criminal record check.

youtube.com/watch?v=TlYgQgQhvp4

Last two or three times…

I crossed from Kings Cross to Paddington (and thinking about it on my return journey as well) on my way to LHR, only one of the drivers was a Bow Beller/Geeza from Millwall/Jack the lad from the west end/Billericay Dicky. All the others came from much further south east.

i dont mean shoeburyness either

The amount of times i have nearly killed uber drivers in London is shocking. Most have no idea about road signs. They go the wrong way in one way streets

Black cabs are overpriced, I can’t remember last time I used them. I would definitely support Uber.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk

yourhavingalarf:
Last two or three times…

I crossed from Kings Cross to Paddington (and thinking about it on my return journey as well) on my way to LHR, only one of the drivers was a Bow Beller/Geeza from Millwall/Jack the lad from the west end/Billericay Dicky. All the others came from much further south east.

Leaving the station and finding a cab is more effort than just jumping on the tube circle line for that journey!

It sounds likes something that’s been printed in the sun to be honest by a desperate journalist and has been embellished by a few people and passed around in RDC waiting rooms.

My vote goes to Cabs of Colour, driven by gezzas that have done the knowledge,all live in Hertfordshire,or Essex’, only work 0600–1400, then go and play golf wif there mate Dave the Brickee…

Uber, no chance, all driven by immigrants, claiming benefits, no criminal checks,a fake license from cousin ID, all cash, and all drive a third hand Prius rented from uncle down the street.

switchlogic:
Leaving the station and finding a cab is more effort than just jumping on the tube circle line for that journey!

I NEVER use that…

'Orrible overcrowded underground train thingy. It’s the devils transport full of dippers, muggers and people from Notting Hill.

There are much easier ways to get a black cab at KGX than wait at the rank. Same at Paddington, tell the driver to take you to the ramp and you’ll avoid the queue with all the other cabs.

biggriffin:
My vote goes to Cabs of Colour, driven by gezzas that have done the knowledge,all live in Hertfordshire,or Essex’, only work 0600–1400, then go and play golf wif there mate Dave the Brickee…

Uber, no chance, all driven by immigrants, claiming benefits, no criminal checks,a fake license from cousin ID, all cash, and all drive a third hand Prius rented from uncle down the street.

Uber - Cash? Something tells me you never used Uber and heard about it from Dave the Brickee…[emoji5] You pay through app, no need for cash.

Wooooooosh

Ok ok, sometimes cash but if you don’t have cash, bag of potatoes or pasta will do, so you could have a good deal, and licenses are a pretty good quality, with pictures… And once I had that privilege to be driven in a second hand Prius, only 300000 miles on it’s clock, so basically it was almost brand new, apparently uncle down the street has pretty decent stock, that’s wat I was told by Uber geeza.