The Roads

Out and about this monday morning, on the road…

Traffic doesn’t seem much lower than normal. Lighter enough to remove the “stop start fast lane” bits, but that’s all.

COASTAL traffic - seems busier than usual this morning?

Not a sniff of a cop car anywhere.

Who needs a cop car now they got online snitch forms for the grasses :open_mouth:

We live on same road as fire brigade . Ambulance station & cop station just round corner , normally you can hear one or other every 5 mins , last week silence , weekend nigh on silence , today seems nigh on like pre - lockdown
A1 i can see from my living room window looks to have a fair bit of traffic on it

noticed bit more traffic today. around Manchester and leeds.
and what also noticing because the roads are quieter seem be a lot more cars and trucks. just pulling out at junctions not really giving way because there not really expecting any traffic on the roads

Well I’ve never seen anything like it since the M5 opened. Getting on at Weston for my usual Cornish trip yesterday afternoon (key suppliers don’t you know) I burst out laughing as, instead of the usual 3 lanes of stop-start traffic consisting mainly of cockneys heading home after a weekend at their 2nd homes, there was a solitary artic plodding up to Bristol on the opposite carriageway.

Perhaps the most traffic will congregate on those roads with the least cop cars on it?

You can’t tell me that everyone going up the A2 towards London this morning “Had an essential job”…

The ones that need to be stamped on - are those that CAN work from home - but choose not to.
Banking and Finance - I’m thinking…

You can’t tell me that 4x4 driver heading towards London with his collar and tie - works as a manager in a supermarket more often than not.

So if they are NOT an “Essential Worker” - pray tell WHICH suits should we tolerate still being on the road at this point?

Rule for Everyone, or there’s no point in following the rules!