Who you seen working?

Who you seen working that you wouldn’t class as being a key worker.I will start somebody cutting the grass and no it wasn’t his property
and the worlds most wanted person bill poster.

You dont need to be a key worker to still be able to go to work, the current government advice is you must work from home unless you do a job where this is not possible…this advice may change

My Mrs is being told to work,.she’s scared of losing her job if she objects.
Her boss is the absolute Father of all ■■■■ whits, his classic quotes include…

‘’###### (name of firm) will go down in history as the place that stayed open and carried on despite the virus’'.

‘‘There may be deaths but so be it’’
:open_mouth: :open_mouth:

The sort of weapons grade 2hat, who has not been punched enough in his life. :imp:
I’ve told her to jack it next week if he doesn’t close.

had a walk to my local shops Saturday get gas top up and few bits.
was surprised how many places were open.
be a block of about 10 shops only the 2 bookies were shut

morrisons express/mcolls open
spar open
shop with post office in open
bakery open
one of these cheapo shops that sells everything the type that take over the pavement with there buckets brushes n general tat open
vape shop open
off-licence/convenice store open

granted wasn’t that many people about though

edd1974:
had a walk to my local shops Saturday get gas top up and few bits.
was surprised how many places were open.
be a block of about 10 shops only the 2 bookies were shut

morrisons express/mcolls open
spar open
shop with post office in open
bakery open
one of these cheapo shops that sells everything the type that take over the pavement with there buckets brushes n general tat open
vape shop open
off-licence/convenice store open

granted wasn’t that many people about though

Considering most of them are allowed to be open.

Friday morning, litter picker on the side of the A11. Not entirely sure I would class that as essential.

Should rename this thread “im going stir crazy and im jealous other people are still working” thread.

Litter picking is essential. If not then when your back on the road youl be back to moaning how the motorways and A roads are liitered with ignorant truckers and car drivers throwing trash out the window.

Get a crossword book and chill out.

8 weeks of this to endure.

Not seen a mcdonalds advert for a while but if i did id would end in barupp ba ba ba im loving it.

Didn’t realise skip drivers were key workers. Not delivering to hospitals or schools but to people who are staying at home for the next 3 weeks or so and have decided to clear out their garage or do some decorating/spring cleaning or gardening.

Don’t know why the councils utility companies don’t use this quiet time to.shut roads repair potholes . Renew pipes unblock drains and what ever they do.
As is the ideal time.to be doing it

whybother:
Didn’t realise skip drivers were key workers. Not delivering to hospitals or schools but to people who are staying at home for the next 3 weeks or so and have decided to clear out their garage or do some decorating/spring cleaning or gardening.

Skip drivers are within the recyling trade. Stated as essential.

You want a rat crawling up your leg biting your tadger?

Your all confusing the issue, you dont have to be a key worker to still go to work, current government advice is to work from home unless it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to do so, its plain and simple black and white

shullbit:
Your all confusing the issue, you dont have to be a key worker to still go to work, current government advice is to work from home unless it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to do so, its plain and simple black and white

But surely it would be more in line with not spreading this thing if it was ONLY key workers were allowed to work,.and anybody else not, like in the case where my Mrs works.

robroy:

shullbit:

But surely it would be more in line with not spreading this thing if it was ONLY key workers were allowed to work,.and anybody else not, like in the case where my Mrs works.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
if you want to work,
keep moving the goalposts to enable you to finally be linked to being classed as a key worker until someone comes along with a law( not an act) to close you down.

if you dont want to work,over react and move them in the opposite direction,stop work,lie on your hole and amuse yourself at home.

I wonder just how much correlation there is between Employee and Employer when it comes to “Joint Appetite for Risk”…?

Non-gamblers obviously hate their superiors taking what they perceive as “risks on their joint behalf”…

I guess that would make sense if a boss said something like “I’ve put what amounts to a week’s wages on a horse, and you and me now go halves on it, so I’ll deduct half the cost of that wager from your own wages, half from mine”…Imagine the uproar if you’re not a gambler. Makes perfect sense to object to that, even if you ARE a gambler…

BUT… in Real Life, I’m hearing objections from the non-gambler types like “We’ve bet every horse in the race, so we’re guarnteed a return” - and it turns out that “Fear of small loss” is as great as “Fear of total loss” as per the initial example above.

Not all “Gambles” have to be “All or Nothing” is my point.

Already we’re being forced to gamble with “small losses and liabilities on the line” as it were…
How much of your time has been wasted for you this week by being forced to queue to buy food?
How much of your time has been wasted being forced to dis-infect stuff with “disenfectant” that instead of being effective isopropyl alcohol based is actually “don’t get this stuff on your hands”, making it redundant as an actual disinfectant before you start?

Then measure it up with:
How much more quickly are you making the commute to work in the quiet traffic
along with
How few regular spring-time coughs and sneezes are you now NOT going to get because the six-foot gap thing is at least protecting you from that to a certain extent…?

The “Non Gambler” - just plods along, letting others make all the decisions for them, including any bad ones.
The “Calculated Risk Taker” - will try and swing it so that maximum exposure to the UPSIDE is achieved, with as much side-stepping of the downsides as possible…

It is a lifestyle no longer a “social disorder to avoid” from now on, I would humbly suggest…

I’ll buy my food from places I don’t have to queue, even if it means paying corner shop prices for that “avoided wasted time”. What I lose in paying over the odds - I gain by not wasting my time @ whatever amount per hour one might want to put on it. If you now spend 5-6 hours per week queing for food, because you’re too stingy to pay over the normal odds price-wise - then if your time is worth say, £10ph then you’ve wasted fifty quid to save a few pennies on your shop, most of the time. I’ll “Risk” that extra layout in order to definitely save myself on wasted time, which has a measurable value to it. I pick and CHOOSE my risk/reward ratio, which sets the gambler’s odds in their own advantage. If I see a small queue for a shop I know is dearer than the cheapest, but nowhere near the most expensive - I’ll obviously “trade somewhere in between”. It is a judgement call based on my ability to take a calculated risk essentially. Non-Gamblers would be well-advise to change their mindsets, rather than just throwing their hard-earned away by needlessly wasting money slowly and imperceptively standing around in queues when there are really better things to spend small amounts on give-to-gain style, if you will…

Chuck a tiny bit of a mild disenfectant in with the laundry so that you’ve got that extra germ barrier all about you, but it is not strong enough to make you stink of disinfectant.
Refuse to use “Sanitizers” that are clearly “Germ Banks” because the agent being used doesn’t work, the handle is all covered with aggregated germs, but the agent inside is “don’t get this on your sensetive skin” - WTF??
The ones that DO work - are these ones. You dispose of the entire unit when it is empty…

Hand Sanitizer.jpg

edd1974:
Don’t know why the councils utility companies don’t use this quiet time to.shut roads repair potholes . Renew pipes unblock drains and what ever they do.

Our county council has suspended all road and pothole repairs “due to staff shortages “ , on the bandwagon very quick saving money . This was announced before th lockdown began .

robroy:
The sort of weapons grade 2hat, who has not been punched enough in his life. :imp:

Not usually an advocate of violence, but this guy seems like a prime candidate.

I have noticed a lot more safety cameras around.
Jehovahs Witness are doing a 6 day week,
Funeral directors are using agency staff.

My neighbour who is a self employed gardener, its not covid related, he is a ■■■■ all year round.

edd1974:

Really?
Nothing springs to mind?

Whilst temporary measures may be necessary, isn’t everyone a key worker eventually? Eventually you’ll run out of viable underpants and you’re gonna want Primark to be open. You’ll need a haircut, your shoes will wear out, you’ll need stuff to stop your fence rotting, you’ll need a new carpet, you’ll need someone to fix your boiler and so on. That litter picker is helping to control vermin by removing an easy source of food for it and yes, even Argos are essential if you need a new fridge or a big telly to keep the other half from going mad and killing you lol. People don’t employ people for fun - they are needed if we are to have a society worth living in. If we’re only allowed what “they” describe as essential then we might as well be in seventies USSR

edd1974:

My son works for the local council JV highways and they are carrying on doing non essential repairs as before. They were told not to congregate in canteen and locker rooms etc then expected to travel to site three up in a DAF LF. The workers pointed out the obvious an diesem the gangs were initially reorganised to two per cab.

Last week 22 small vans were delivered to the depot, all the non Hgv drivers / labourers have been allocated their own van to drive to site and back in.