Wickes class one store delivery’s

Anyone got a heads up on these■■? possible interview coming up and would just like to hear it from a drivers point of view rather than the manager on the phone.
It did sound good but a bit too good
Many thanks chaps

yorkshire terrier:
Anyone got a heads up on these■■? possible interview coming up and would just like to hear it from a drivers point of view rather than the manager on the phone.
Many thanks chaps

Where is their yard now? I was offered an interview with them 5 years or so ago. Spoke to the TM and he dressed it up well.

Anyway, ended up taking another job, so never bothered with the interview. Started new job on same day as a lad who had been in there on agency. Told a very different tale to their TM! Health and safety man too.

I did some night…

Shifts for them out of Normanton some years ago. Oddly, only when it was really really windy and the full time ■■■■■■■ always phoned in sick.

Sorry, that doesn’t help you at all.

mbax81:

yorkshire terrier:
Many thanks chaps

Where is their yard now? I was offered an interview with them 5 years or so ago. Spoke to the TM and he dressed it up well.

Anyway, ended up taking another job, so never bothered with the interview. Started new job on same day as a lad who had been in there on agency. Told a very different tale to their TM! Health and safety man too.

Still in normanton but another site,
It’s the health and saftey mad bit that is putting me off,
I’m big enough and experienced enough to know what I’m doing and don’t want to be getting told to do it this way etc,
Hours sound fantastic and a decent wage too.
I’m an old skool kind of driver even though im only 40

They were…

Really really picky about trailers being sealed. Empties had to be sealed, why, I have no idea but they whined like hell if I came back without one.

What wage are they offering now? Still salaried?

yourhavingalarf:
They were…

Really really picky about trailers being sealed. Empties had to be sealed, why, I have no idea but they whined like hell if I came back without one.

It’s the same with the other (similar) DIY chain retailers. It’s their kit so play the game their way, and you will cover your ■■■. If it takes 10-20 minutes to seal a trailer how they want it, then so be it.

yorkshire terrier:

mbax81:

yorkshire terrier:
Many thanks chaps

I’m big enough and experienced enough to know what I’m doing and don’t want to be getting told to do it this way etc,

You won’t last 2 minutes. Instant dismissal if you put a toe on or outside their painted yellow paths everywhere. Don’t be fooled by the smiley faces and friendly chitchat - they are all backstabbers waiting for you to slip up or do something not strictly by the book and they’re straight in to the manager to grass you up and get the CCTV pulled and you’ll be fired next day. That’s why the money is above average because no-one lasts more than a couple of months and they can’t get anyone to put up with their ■■■■■■■■. The work is ■■■■ as well. Trailers are wrecked and strapping/unstrapping/doing the curtains takes longer in a shift than your actual driving. The only drivers that stick that job are the wannabe H&S ‘yes’ men who think they’re better than everyone else. Plenty of alternatives to choose from at Normie. Asda are currently adveritising for full-timers.

yorkshire terrier:

That’s what all those who ended up being the reason the H&S stuff got brought out thought too.

With large companies you get told how they want it doing and as they’re paying the wages they get the right to do that.

R420:

yorkshire terrier:

mbax81:

yorkshire terrier:
Many thanks chaps

You won’t last 2 minutes. Instant dismissal if you put a toe on or outside their painted yellow paths everywhere. Don’t be fooled by the smiley faces and friendly chitchat - they are all backstabbers waiting for you to slip up or do something not strictly by the book and they’re straight in to the manager to grass you up and get the CCTV pulled and you’ll be fired next day. That’s why the money is above average because no-one lasts more than a couple of months and they can’t get anyone to put up with their [zb]. The work is [zb] as well. Trailers are wrecked and strapping/unstrapping/doing the curtains takes longer in a shift than your actual driving. The only drivers that stick that job are the wannabe H&S ‘yes’ men who think they’re better than everyone else. Plenty of alternatives to choose from at Normie. Asda are currently adveritising for full-timers.

I have no experience on Wickes but it usually goes in part on the attitude test - the health & safety rules are made by a person and enforced by a person. If they don’t like you are ■■■■■■ and if you are a ■■■■ your ■■■■■■.

Asda don’t have any jobs on their website, where are they advertising?

R420:

yorkshire terrier:

mbax81:

yorkshire terrier:
Many thanks chaps

You won’t last 2 minutes. Instant dismissal if you put a toe on or outside their painted yellow paths everywhere. Don’t be fooled by the smiley faces and friendly chitchat - they are all backstabbers waiting for you to slip up or do something not strictly by the book and they’re straight in to the manager to grass you up and get the CCTV pulled and you’ll be fired next day. That’s why the money is above average because no-one lasts more than a couple of months and they can’t get anyone to put up with their [zb]. The work is [zb] as well. Trailers are wrecked and strapping/unstrapping/doing the curtains takes longer in a shift than your actual driving. The only drivers that stick that job are the wannabe H&S ‘yes’ men who think they’re better than everyone else. Plenty of alternatives to choose from at Normie. Asda are currently adveritising for full-timers.

Asda recruiting■■? Can’t see anything anywhere about that and I look almost every day as I really want to get on there

mbax81:
What wage are they offering now? Still salaried?

Yes 31.000 I think he said,

Conor:

yorkshire terrier:

That’s what all those who ended up being the reason the H&S stuff got brought out thought too.

With large companies you get told how they want it doing and as they’re paying the wages they get the right to do that.

Yes they do have the right to do it but in a lot of cases it’s over the top and been implemented by someone to justify their job.

yorkshire terrier:
Hours sound fantastic

What are the hours been offered ?

Maxed out hours, minimum hours ?

Well-Jell:

yorkshire terrier:
Hours sound fantastic

Around 45-50 hours on average so the salary works out good…
Don’t think I will be going because Iv heard nothing else from them.
20 years experience clean licence and good references obviously mean nothing these days

yorkshire terrier:

Well-Jell:

yorkshire terrier:
Hours sound fantastic

20 years experience clean licence and good references obviously mean nothing these days

When I spoke to them they told me days were around the 8hr mark. When I told this to the lad I mention in my earlier post (who was there on agency) he told me it was around the 12hr mark.

Obviously this was over 5 years ago, so things may have changed?

What about Warburtons trunking out of Whitwood?

Sure I saw them advertising not long back?

mbax81:
What about Warburtons trunking out of Whitwood?

Sure I saw them advertising not long back?

Shifts are all over the place at Warburtons Iv looked in to it.
This wickes job was Monday to Friday with a Saturday rota…
I will just stay where I am until this elusive well paid job with a good company comes up but to be honest I’m going to stop applying as I always get overlooked and it does my head in

yorkshire terrier:

Hours do sound good as well, i can’t believe they haven’t contacted you, things must be quiet at the minute.