Thick as [zb]

On Facebook there is professional hgv drivers Gb/eu and there is a post regarding the smart motorways program . Now the vast majority of replies are saying they are dangerous and to do away with the extra lane and go back to a hard shoulder .
Now me in my ignorance I pointed out dual carriageways have no hard shoulder but not the same amount of accidents. I was then informed dual carriageways are slower (70mph speed limit on both) and that they are not as busy !
Another person pointed out that with 4 lanes of motorway blocked how do the emergency vehicles get through. To which I pointed out without a hard shoulder on a dual carriageway or any road how do the emergency services get through .
Now to these replies I stupidly said that you should be driving with due care and attention no matter what the road but no apparently I’m pedantic and thick as ■■■■ .
So all you driving gods out there please advise me do I do as one person quoted and pay less attention on a motorway as they are easier to drive on , do I stop paying attention to what’s happening around me while driving as I have a sat nav and the lorry has good brakes and computer aids or and this is the big on being as I’m thick as ■■■■ do I stop posting on Facebook when I read the crap that supposedly responsible individuals are posting .
Sorry for the rant and I know there will be those on here that will wish to run down my post but a supposedly professional drivers forum on Facebook and they seem unaware of whose responsible for the safety while they are driving.

==================
Please type any word you like, then simply leave the auto censor to do its work.
Please have a read of Forum Rule #3, then you won’t need the asterisks. dd.

.Nothing wrong with smart motorways. All that’s needed is more refuges.

Technology such as radar as standard on all vehicles will also help

Gillberry:
On Facebook there is professional hgv drivers Gb/eu and there is a post regarding the smart motorways program . Now the vast majority of replies are saying they are dangerous and to do away with the extra lane and go back to a hard shoulder .
Now me in my ignorance I pointed out dual carriageways have no hard shoulder but not the same amount of accidents. I was then informed dual carriageways are slower (70mph speed limit on both) and that they are not as busy !
Another person pointed out that with 4 lanes of motorway blocked how do the emergency vehicles get through. To which I pointed out without a hard shoulder on a dual carriageway or any road how do the emergency services get through .
Now to these replies I stupidly said that you should be driving with due care and attention no matter what the road but no apparently I’m pedantic and thick as [zb] .
So all you driving gods out there please advise me do I do as one person quoted and pay less attention on a motorway as they are easier to drive on , do I stop paying attention to what’s happening around me while driving as I have a sat nav and the lorry has good brakes and computer aids or and this is the big on being as I’m thick as [zb] do I stop posting on Facebook when I read the crap that supposedly responsible individuals are posting .
Sorry for the rant and I know there will be those on here that will wish to run down my post but a supposedly professional drivers forum on Facebook and they seem unaware of whose responsible for the safety while they are driving.

==================
Please type any word you like, then simply leave the auto censor to do its work.

You post on facebook?

Just shows how thick you are then. I rest my case my lord.

cgscott:

Gillberry:
Now to these replies I stupidly said that you should be driving with due care and attention no matter what the road but no apparently I’m pedantic and thick as [zb] .
So all you driving gods out there please advise me do I do as one person quoted and pay less attention on a motorway as they are easier to drive on , do I stop paying attention to what’s happening around me while driving as I have a sat nav and the lorry has good brakes and computer aids or and this is the big on being as I’m thick as [zb] do I stop posting on Facebook when I read the crap that supposedly responsible individuals are posting .

==================

You post on facebook?

Just shows how thick you are then. I rest my case my lord.

Yes I did make the mistake of thinking professional hgv drivers would be just that .

Doesnt matter if you drive a 44 tonner or more or a go kart with pedals. A drivers a driver nowadays.

The wages prove it. Il never foot another wagon unless the money goes up but i will continue my liscence just in case by some miracle it does happen.

Which i highly doubt it will.

cgscott:
Doesnt matter if you drive a 44 tonner or more or a go kart with pedals. A drivers a driver nowadays.

The wages prove it. Il never foot another wagon unless the money goes up but i will continue my liscence just in case by some miracle it does happen.

Tut tut, accusing others of being thick. Some English classes may help you. :laughing:

jakethesnake:

cgscott:

Tut tut, accusing others of being thick. Some English classes may help you. :laughing:

No thankyou. Me speaky the way i want also drivey the way i want. I also vote how i want. In fact i do what i want when i want. But thanks for the concern. Now away back to faceache chap.

Gillberry:

==================

So, in a nutshell, you went on an internet forum to post your opinion. People there didnt like it, so you came on another internet forum to complain about them.

How did you think that would turn out?

Nite Owl:

Gillberry:

==================

So, in a nutshell, you went on an internet forum to post your opinion. People there didnt like it, so you came on another internet forum to complain about them.

True but from what I’ve seen on this forum there does appear to be a responsible amount (yes I also expect to be slated) and my main point was that for a group that advertises itself as professional on Facebook then the comments made would imply that either that are not or I’m thick as [zb] .

Gillberry:

Nite Owl:

Gillberry:

==================

True but from what I’ve seen on this forum there does appear to be a responsible amount (yes I also expect to be slated) and my main point was that for a group that advertises itself as professional on Facebook then the comments made would imply that either that are not or I’m thick as [zb] .

If your on facebook your thick as pig ■■■■ or cow pate. Move with the times your about 10 years behind the rest.

cgscott:

Gillberry:

Nite Owl:

Gillberry:

==================

If your on facebook your thick as pig [zb] or cow pate. Move with the times your about 10 years behind the rest.

Only 10 years behind, bearing in mind computers aren’t used much in our house and our mobile phones are mostly used as phones when we switch them on I think you might be out on the 10 year bit :smiley:

50 year then. Stop coming on the interweb thing then.

cgscott:
50 year then. Stop coming on the interweb thing then.

I’m trying to keep with the times but obviously not doing very well :laughing: :laughing:

What happens on a forum stays there.You should have kept it on face ache. What happens here stays here.Hope next time you will remember.

WheelsofCardiff:
What happens on a forum stays there.You should have kept it on face ache. What happens here stays here.Hope next time you will remember.

For the last 5 years I’ve worked 12hr night shifts and barely been awake at weekends whereas new year new decade I’ve gone back to what I used to do 4 on 4 off and so now have time to see and do things which means I’m now finding out how society is and what a dinosaur I am . :slight_smile: :laughing:

Gillberry:

WheelsofCardiff:

For the last 5 years I’ve worked 12hr night shifts and barely been awake at weekends whereas new year new decade I’ve gone back to what I used to do 4 on 4 off and so now have time to see and do things which means I’m now finding out how society is and what a dinosaur I am . :slight_smile: [emoji38]

Sometimes ignorance is bliss.

I would not expect any kind of professionalism from the members who post here, including myself…It is yet to be quantified or identified exactly what it is.

In my experience it seems that some feel it is their god given right to abuse you via school yard slang and names if you dare to express a different view from them…Do not even admit to driving in a different way, as they see that as a weakness to jump on as soon as they can, and heaven forfend that you have a different approach to the actual law, that they diligently follow to the letter!

Stereotypes are so “yesterday” But unfortunately we appear to be in the realms of “yesterday” on this forum…Shame, as it could have been so much better.

Tude:
I would not expect any kind of professionalism from the members who post here, including myself…It is yet to be quantified or identified exactly what it is.

In my experience it seems that some feel it is their god given right to abuse you via school yard slang and names if you dare to express a different view from them…Do not even admit to driving in a different way, as they see that as a weakness to jump on as soon as they can, and heaven forfend that you have a different approach to the actual law, that they diligently follow to the letter!

Stereotypes are so “yesterday” But unfortunately we appear to be in the realms of “yesterday” on this forum…Shame, as it could have been so much better.

Some of that is so very true. :wink:

I find facebook users in general to be below average intelligence, believing all they read to be fact.

As for smart motorways they’re a bit like the NHS nothing wrong with either, the imbeciles that use both are the issue, if you stare at the back of the car in front whilst travelling at 102 feet per second ignoring all the warning signs then you deserve all you get

The comments on facebook from alleged “drivers” shows me just how many idiotic car drivers now drive trucks as we all know from our own experience.

I was a member of a “drivers forum” for a while, I left when one alleged driver said he drove with his fog lights on because it made the truck look good.

This old dual carriageway no different to a motorway chestnut has to be put to bed.

On duals you will find cross roads, tractors and other slow moving vehicles, laybys some with burger vans or other roadside traders, junctions with short or no slip or acceleration lane at all, steep gradients often just after roundabouts and junctions,cyclists, pedestrians, bus stops, you might even find horse drawn vehicles, industrial areas with direct road access, on the A14 near Ellington you’ll find a haulage yard with vehicles turning left onto the eastbound carriageways from a standing start, at one time they used to turn right out of there not sure they do that anymore.

Those are just a few examples of the top of me head, i’m sure there are many more, none of the above apply to motorways, hence why the normal lorry driver is expecting the unexpected but on motorways there should be easier travel…note i haven’t included car/van drivers in the comment, we are after all according to the name of this very forum, professional.