Tacho, how did that happen

Just ■■■■ ed up my o/p by mistake. :blush:
Discoman has quoted it so …there you go. :laughing:

You drove for 9 hours and 31 seconds. The tacho has registered as 9 hours and 1 minute as you drove more than 30 seconds into the minute.

Nkh22:
You drove for 9 hours and 31 seconds. The tacho has registered as 9 hours and 1 minute as you drove more than 30 seconds into the minute.

Ok cheers, …, but why did it take so long to click over to 1 minute, I stopped and immediately put it on break when it was 9.00.

If I were your boss, I’d have a word why you parked up with another hours driving time left…

Can’t be the real Robroy he goes to pubs with lager and sky sports not real ale drinking ,apparently :smiley:

Punchy Dan:
Can’t be the real Robroy he goes to pubs with lager and sky sports not real ale drinking ,apparently :smiley:

Only drink lager when I’m in a bar in Spain or Cyprus looking cool in my shorts and shades mate. :smiley:

robroy:

Nkh22:

Ok cheers, …, but why did it take so long to click over to 1 minute, I stopped and immediately put it on break when it was 9.00.

Because it takes time for the tacho to work stuff out (essentially the nuts of it is still technology from the decades ago with newer additions but a lot of it is still the same. I could bore you with why but wont bother :laughing: )

It’s only one minute officer, honestly. The start of a slippery slope if you ask me. The sooner full surveillance is brought in to stamp out these cowboys the better for all concerned.

Obviously I’m ignoring the fact that it’s your first day and you had 2 x 10 hour drives available because that wouldn’t suit my hysterical narrative now would it?

Surrender your liscence wuth immediate effect.
How unprofeshional of you to do such a thing.

Running illegal like that. Your what gives the profeshioal drivers a bad name.

Tut tut

Rowley and the snake will take a dim view on that. I suspect the snake will be having a word with his police buddies you better watch out your a marked man now. Look on the bright side youve only 1, 10 to do this week

robroy:
I ain’t asking because I’m bothered, terrified or even minorly concerned, so let’s get that out of the way to prevent the ‘Shot at dawn’ and ‘How I’ll suffer a horrible fate’ cracks. :laughing:
I’m just asking out of pure curiosity. :bulb:

I managed to get parked up smack on 9 hours, at where I was specifically heading for…(past numerous lay bys. :smiley: )

I got out of the motor (clock still showing 9 hours driving) to open the back doors (for the scrotes :imp: ), and when I got back in the cab 2 or 3 mins later, I looked down at the times on my dash and it had clicked over to 9 hours and 1 min.
Obviously the truck had not moved, but a minute extra had been added for no reason…
How and why was that?

Worth going over that minute btw, worth the severe punishment :smiley: just had a cracking gammon egg and chips and a pint of real ale. :sunglasses: :smiley: …but am I still a real professional,■■ :open_mouth:
I’ll check with Rowley :laughing: :laughing:

Well, when you have your In cab driver facing camera … your bosses can shoot you at dawn. They will have the footage, but no harm done.

Written for 4.5, but the same ■■■■

Tachos don’t record seconds, they just use seconds to determine how the whole calendar minute is recorded, on a 2nd gen you could drive 58 seconds and not record any driving, the last 29 seconds of a minute and the 1st 29 of the next minute. The majority activity in a minute is how the minute gets recorded

Your actual driving time is irrelevant, it’s only what the tacho says is driving time that matters.

You’re allowed to drive for 4:30, if the tacho says 4:30 then that’s what you’ve done and as you’re allowed to drive 4:30 then there’s no problem.

What happens sometimes is people park up on 4:30 and then once the clock flicks over onto the next minute the tacho calculates how to record that minute, so then a few seconds later if there was enough driving the the driving counter will flip onto 4:31, but if it stays on 4:30 after the clock has gone into the next minute then it isn’t an infringement regardless of whether the analysis company give you an infringement for it or not!

stevieboy308:
Written for 4.5, but the same [zb]

Tachos don’t record seconds, they just use seconds to determine how the whole calendar minute is recorded, on a 2nd gen you could drive 58 seconds and not record any driving, the last 29 seconds of a minute and the 1st 29 of the next minute. The majority activity in a minute is how the minute gets recorded

Your actual driving time is irrelevant, it’s only what the tacho says is driving time that matters.

You’re allowed to drive for 4:30, if the tacho says 4:30 then that’s what you’ve done and as you’re allowed to drive 4:30 then there’s no problem.

What happens sometimes is people park up on 4:30 and then once the clock flicks over onto the next minute the tacho calculates how to record that minute, so then a few seconds later if there was enough driving the the driving counter will flip onto 4:31, but if it stays on 4:30 after the clock has gone into the next minute then it isn’t an infringement regardless of whether the analysis company give you an infringement for it or not!

That was always my understanding of it. Chances are, you’ve not done 31 seconds of driving in that minute, 25 seconds of driving, 15 seconds of other work whilst you dawdle and 20 seconds of break. Hey ho, one minute driving recorded.

O dear, the Holy than thee, brigade are going to crucifies you, and demand you hand your licence back, and sell your children to Jimmy savilles followers…

Can’t wait to see what rowly, jakey and Hester post.

as a newbie is this the sort of thing one should do a print out for and write an explanation on the back or is it so insignificant no one is going to give a flying monkeys

cooper1203:
as a newbie is this the sort of thing one should do a print out for and write an explanation on the back or is it so insignificant no one is going to give a flying monkeys

As a newbie my advice is to cover your arse and do two printouts, explanation on back, one to office, keep one for you for 28 days.

Nobody is likely to give a flying monkeys but you’re covered then

Can’t believe your worried about this rob, tacho hours and odd minutes are all just trivial and not worth bothering about.

Rowley010:
Can’t believe your worried about this rob, tacho hours and odd minutes are all just trivial and not worth bothering about.

Just ■■■■ ed up my o/p trying to quote it and reply to you. :blush:

Have a read of Discoman’s post who has quoted it, …and next time read the post (very first paragraph) before replying to it, so you don’t make a ■■■■ of yourself. :unamused:
( as I just have messing up my O/P . :blush: :laughing: )

robroy:

Rowley010:

Just [zb] ed up my o/p trying to quote it and reply to you. :blush:

Have a read of Discoman’s post who has quoted it, …and next time read the post (very first paragraph) before replying to it, so you don’t make a ■■■■ of yourself. :unamused:

Oh sorry rob I never meant you to mess up your post. What a terrible shame :laughing:

I know you wrote that without me looking at the post again, but I reckon that’s just your cover up and you are actually bothered. Massively bothered and you won’t sleep tonight because of it

Rowley010:

robroy:

Rowley010:

Just [zb] ed up my o/p trying to quote it and reply to you. :blush:

Oh sorry rob I never meant you to mess up your post. What a terrible shame :laughing:

I know you wrote that without me looking at the post again, but I reckon that’s just your cover up and you are actually bothered. Massively bothered and you won’t sleep tonight because of it

Dead right mate, I’m a nervous wreck sat here shaking and a shivering while sat watching the football in the pub, with my pork chop dinner, might even be too ■■■■ worried and preoccupied to go and get another pint. :open_mouth:
You parked up in a Godforsaken lay by Rowls by any chance, rockin and a rolling with your mirrors pulled in. :open_mouth: