Animal wast collections

anyone ever done animal waist collections ? I hurd theres a place near me in tewsbury was looking for drivers recently. just woundered if anyone knew anything about the work or the places that do this kind of stuff. thanks all

animlal wast as in cadavors and dead bodys of animals. not there poos…

I’ve done some. Dolavs full of cows’ heads and sheep entrails. You need a fairly strong stomach. :stuck_out_tongue:

The local fell-monger does animal collection on domestic hours, 24 hours and 7 days if necessary to stop disease.

Entrails, blood, and guts run under normal tacho rules, but you are limited where you can park :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

I have collected Animal By Products, blood, parts, other bits and pieces, on containers, so usually miss the gruesome sites but not the smells - I think the smell is one of them things you get use to.

I must admit it has made me question eating meat on a few occasions since I started going to places like that, although only for a moment or two

Jimmy McNulty:
I have collected Animal By Products, blood, parts, other bits and pieces, on containers, so usually miss the gruesome sites but not the smells - I think the smell is one of them things you get use to.

I must admit it has made me question eating meat on a few occasions since I started going to places like that, although only for a moment or two

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i did it myself years ago subbing for rapid road transport in grreenock.
they loaded from the docks stuff called bone griss/gristle and it was just bones that were left over from foreign animals abroad shipped here to be processed .
it was minging and then they wanted you to get jags for yellow fever/typhiod ect.
there used to be spiders and insects youve never seen before crawling out the sacks as it was handball.

i also questioned eating meat till this very day though the question nowadays is whether to order steak pie,or gammon and chips… :smiley:

dieseldog999:

Jimmy McNulty:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i did it myself years ago subbing for rpid road transport in grreenock.
they loaded from the docks stuff called bone griss/gristle and it was just bones that were left over from foreign animals abraod shipped here to be processed .
it was minging and then they wanted you to get jags for yellow fever/typhiod ect.
there used to be spiders and insects youve never seen before crawling out the sacks as it was handball.

i also questioned eating meat till this very day though the question nowadays is whether to order steak pie,or gammon and chips… :smiley:

My question is usually would you like that rare or medium sir

Used to go to the meat And bone factory at Widnes about couple times a week in the nineties to pickup blood meal, They used it for protein in farm animal feed till they banned it. The smell was horrible from rotting flesh. Once I parked outside the gates for collection in the morning and the smell in the cab was terrible after parking down wind of the factory, took a day or two to go (no it wasn’t me). Wouldn’t want to do that job full time.

Does anyone know if its still there? haven’t been that way for a long time, it was near the Runcorn bridge.

Forty hours a week and all you can eat. :wink: :wink: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

elsa Lad:
Does anyone know if its still there? haven’t been that way for a long time, it was near the Runcorn bridge.

Yes, it’s still there or at least it was this time last year. It’s called SecAnim.

when i left school i went to work for clarks transport in wellingborough, carried all sorts of weird stuff in bulkers
marinaded bone , like bits of bone in juice - not nice when the juice goes down your neck if you were changing a wheel or a spring
fine bone , like very small bits of dry bone , that was alright , it just looked like bulk wheat
fleshings - now this wasn’t nice at all , skin in a slimy liquidy kind of goo, not good if you brake hard makes a slimy mess of the cab , and the road
scutch - exactly what it sounds like , horrible, looked like rice pudding , smelt like vomit

my uncle ran out of chettles with a skip motor on this animal waste lark, he loved it , living downwind of the place i avoided it, mind with a change of wind i got the whiff of weetabix.
tony

dieseldog999:

Now I KNOW you’re on a wind up. Theres never any question, steak pie every time! With chips and gravy so thick you need to cut it with a knife!

Harry Monk:

elsa Lad:

Yes, it’s still there or at least it was this time last year. It’s called SecAnim.

Was called Grannox in the 1980’s, pile of bones was 20 foot high and you loaded out of an overhead auger which was not the fastest, this was taken back to an animal feed mill to put back in cattle feed, cannibalism!

pete smith:

Harry Monk:

elsa Lad:

Was called Grannox in the 1980’s, pile of bones was 20 foot high and you loaded out of an overhead auger which was not the fastest, this was taken back to an animal feed mill to put back in cattle feed, cannibalism!

All the workers used to be covered in rotten flesh, even the coffee machine had green slime over it. It was a place of nightmares.

is that the place behind tesco/stobarts near/under runcon bridge…?
i remember going in there after norberts/xpo at colsterworth had their cold store fire ( fork lift batteries apparently ) and ALL the stored stock was condemed tonnes and tonnes of it it was turn up park up sit in cab and let their staff sort it out guy in full bio coveralls etc to unload it all then pressurewash out i belive all the fridge trailers on that job were classed not for human food useage after that or disposed of

Nah, not for me that :open_mouth: ,…sounds offal. :laughing:

had a mate who drove for Grannox, used to go round butchers, and such places, collecting bones and bits of god knows what, I’m sure he said he didn’t need a tacho as it was then.

Notimetoulouse:
is that the place behind tesco/stobarts near/under runcon bridge…?
i remember going in there after norberts/xpo at colsterworth had their cold store fire ( fork lift batteries apparently ) and ALL the stored stock was condemed tonnes and tonnes of it it was turn up park up sit in cab and let their staff sort it out guy in full bio coveralls etc to unload it all then pressurewash out i belive all the fridge trailers on that job were classed not for human food useage after that or disposed of

Full bio coveralls? Things must have changed, When I used to go there it was wellies and a strong stomach :laughing: No hiding in the cab, you tried not to end up on you arse as you slipped and slide while walking on rotten flesh dropped in the yard :open_mouth:

Some years ago I dropped a wagon off in Chard one hot summer Monday & was holding out my tacho disc for a lift back to base - (as we used to do once upon a time)

Artic with tipping trailer stopped for me & I jumped in to a steaming hot cab, I asked him why he didn’t have any windows open, he said “Wait a minute and I’ll show you”, eventually a box trailer overtook & he opened the window, the back draft sucked in the most god awful smell from the trailer - “Thats why I have the windows closed”

He picked up the remains from the slaughter houses for somewhere in Lincolnshire where it was rendered down for things like OXO cubes.

He reckoned summer Monday’s were worse as the offal & remains had sat in the yard over the weekend fermenting and gathering maggots.

Not a job for the fainthearted or vegans

run on domestic rules with a log book…animal waste not for human consumption is…or was an exemption.