Dartford Crossing Explosion

Dartford Chimney Stack - gets blown up.

“Rolling Road Block” put in place for bridge users “lest they become distracted” - which is fair enough…

Fred Dibnah never made that much racket bringing down a chimney.

Like the mines.Deliberate sabotage of our ability to restart coal fired power generation.While the EU make us reliant on French nuclear generation.Who would have thought it.

Carryfast:
Like the mines.Deliberate sabotage of our ability to restart coal fired power generation.While the EU make us reliant on French nuclear generation.Who would have thought it.

Er… it wouldn’t have been straight forward burning coal at Littlebrook power station… it was oil fired. But I take your point. 50% of the capacity at Fidlers Ferry PS near Warrington has been generating for the last few weeks, probably burning its remaining coal stocks before it closes early next year.

Harry Monk:
Fred Dibnah never made that much racket bringing down a chimney.

Had the privilege of witnessing auld Freds handiwork yonks ago when he brought down the Heyrod tower near Glossop.
What a magician of destructive theatre that fine chap was.
Not one for hi viz protocols, A dearly missed character.

gingerfold:

Carryfast:

Er… it wouldn’t have been straight forward burning coal at Littlebrook power station… it was oil fired. But I take your point. 50% of the capacity at Fidlers Ferry PS near Warrington has been generating for the last few weeks, probably burning its remaining coal stocks before it closes early next year.

To be fair oil or coal the whole thing seems to be a conspiracy to remove our energy independence and self sufficiency by literally destroying and not replacing our fossil fuelled energy generation capabilities.All based on the bs ‘climate change’ excuse.Which leaves the question if such power stations are being closed because of EU dictat,supposedly with a deadline of 2015,then how is Germany building new coal fired power stations ?.One rule for ze Fatherland and another for us.

reuters.com/article/uniper-c … SL8N27F4VC

Carryfast:

…Dependence upon imported EU electricity - was May’s worst legacy to the UK…

Perhaps it is now time to commandeer the Scottish generators, not from Scotland, but it’s foreign owners.

“Let’s take back control” Boris said. Well let’s see you jolly well get on with it then!

Which EU countries do we import energy from?

Latest data I can find suggests that Oil imports are mainly from Norway, OPEC states, USA and Russia. Last time I checked none of those were in the EU?

Coal we import a bit from Ireland but most of it is from the rest of the world.

Petrol we import a bit from Sweden and Holland but the vast majority (75%) is from non EU countries?

The daft thing here is that people are jumping on an EU bandwagon without any facts but seem happy to import energy from Russia…

toonsy:
Which EU countries do we import energy from?

Latest data I can find suggests that Oil imports are mainly from Norway, OPEC states, USA and Russia. Last time I checked none of those were in the EU?

Coal we import a bit from Ireland but most of it is from the rest of the world.

Petrol we import a bit from Sweden and Holland but the vast majority (75%) is from non EU countries?

The daft thing here is that people are jumping on an EU bandwagon without any facts but seem happy to import energy from Russia…

The UK is a net importer of electricity from France and has been for many years.
France gets much of it’s electricity from nuclear stations.

For anyone that is interested in where our energy comes from this real-time website will tell you:

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Note that the French connector is bi-directional and at times we are selling surplus back to them!

Martin:
For anyone that is interested in where our energy comes from this real-time website will tell you:

http://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk/

Note that the French connector is bi-directional and at times we are selling surplus back to them!

Yes electricity can flow in either direction.
.Gov report from Jan 2018 projects 22% net electricity imports by 2025.

Dont forget The Hoist Accident at Littlebrook ‘D’ Power Station, 9 January 1978 .the fellow died