David Miller 1946-2019

I am sorry to announce to the Middle East driving community the passing of my friend David Miller earlier this month. David was an active member of this forum. His driving career began with John Ellingham - subcontracting to Astrans, and then he worked for Oryx. All Trex in Holland followed, and then he joined me at Grangewood Transport in the 1970s. I will post details of David’s forthcoming funeral as soon as they are available.

Very sorry to hear this. A lovely bloke and a gentleman too. RIP. Robert

Lost for words here Ken. What a great man David was, R.I.P. old friend.

Such sad news…

I’ve had the privilege of meeting David twice, first time was at Locomotion in France, second time was when I was stranded for the weekend at the Red Lion in Northampton, David had picked me up on a Sunday and we went to a pub nearby for a Sunday roast… quite liked listening to him when he was telling about the stuff he did back in the day, just to keep him busy he told me that he’d bought a American pick-up truck and was planning on restoring that to it’s former glory… at some point the e-mails stopped coming and I just assumed he was just very busy…

r.i.p. Mr. Miller

Hi Ken

sorry to hear your news about david RIP

i hope you and susan are both ok kind regards to you both from lichfield

Michael P

kenny ward:
I am sorry to announce to the Middle East driving community the passing of my friend David Miller earlier this month. David was an active member of this forum. His driving career began with John Ellingham - subcontracting to Astrans, and then he worked for Oryx. All Trex in Holland followed, and then he joined me at Grangewood Transport in the 1970s. I will post details of David’s forthcoming funeral as soon as they are available.

David’s cremation service will be at Sutton Coldfield Crematorium, Tamworth Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B75 6LG on Friday 6th December at 10am. The crematorium operate a strict timetable with only 45 minute slots, don’t be late or you’ll miss it!

After the service, there will be food and drink for all organised at The Anchor Inn, 118 Hurley Common, Hurley, Atherstone CV9 2LR.

David didn’t make it but I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking of him in 2020. R.I.P. David Miller