What are ECM like? I've been trying for ages to get an inte

Will they take you with no Transporter experience?

I would be very surprised if they did take on inexperienced, they don’t need to train people up from scratch because there’s a constant flow of drivers with proven experience going there from other established transporter operators.

I never worked for them, and i’m a bit out of touch with current pay rates now, but it was always possible to earn as much and often more on other outfits, where with ECM it’s hourly paid so no need to rush around like your arse is on fire to deliver metal, which is how most of the other pay schemes operate.
Doubt ECM are offering an easier more steady way to make a living out of the goodness of their heart mind, so expect there to be less tolerance of damage than some other operators for the very reason of how drivers are paid.

In the good old days of car transport they were like the stobarts of car delivery, but probably better than a lot of general transport work. Don’t know what they are like now.

In short NO
There ok to work for though not pushed pretty good wages and paid downtime WTD

Thanks guys, I will just wait, see if they call me for an interview

Yes ECM do recruit with no transporter experience, provided you have 2 years class 1 under your belt, no ifs or buts they are strict on that. You will currently see on their website different vacancies, one for ‘experienced’ and the other an open invitation to submit your application.

Last time i spoke with one of their guys was probably 3 years ago and they were taking home 800. I think that was monday to an early finish friday. They also do 4 on 4 off.

Just avoid BCA to begin with, very clicky outfit with a questionable training department. Certainly avoid them if you are considering jacking in your current job to go there.

Thanks for that, it’s been a whole week now, so I guess its not going to happen this time

A long time ago I had an interview with them.
The pay system they were operating then was very complex, but good money at the end of it.
Different payments for mileage, number of vehicles carried (vans paid more than cars) number of drops etc. But there was a also money involved on closely inspecting all vehicles for damage, even brand new ones.
I quite fancied the job, but there were over a dozen of us at interview for two places. They avoided me dragging the company down!