Midlands to Folkestone

A5 closed, A5 roadworks x3, M1 roadworks x4, M25 closed x2, M20 closed, M20 roadworks x2…Sat nav took me through London City nearly, through the tunnel to Isle of Dogs to A13/20->M20 madness :imp: Night time driving so much fun. 4hrs20mins driving for 300km, Surely there’s another, perhaps a secret, faster way?

Depending where in Midlands I’d be tempted go m40 to m25 then head anti.clock wise.
Avoids m1 roadworks n various night closures

This is why I work days days so I can sit in my (owned) house and avoid this stuff.

Nothing new , when I last drove 3 years ago I often only just made it from Crewe to Dover at night .
Not unusual for a route to have night closures and the alternatives to also have problems , throw in an accident and you are screwed .
The highways England phone app is very handy for checking closures and roadworks along with Google traffic and waze .
The worst night on Crewe to Dover was M6 closed , M5 closed , M42 closed, M1 closed , A14 closed , M11,M25,M20, M2 all closed.My tracker trace was like a zig zag that night , it also gives you problems trying to find parking for breaks as when everything is clogged up the parking becomes scarce.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk