M6 contraflow this morning

Hundreds of vehicles been stuck in the contraflow at Stafford all morning.
Passed them at 6am southbound, just come back up and they are still stuck there.
Many trucks stuck there too, don’t know what happened.

But… people are now getting very hungry as they are crossing 3 lanes of the live SB carriageway on foot to get to McDonald’s in the services. Watch out for Muppets

What is it about that bit of the M6? Every day there are reports of accidents/hold ups there.

i saw it too, i heard it was because a lorry broke down in that separate section of motorway, tbh it was lane 3 and had width restriction on the last lane i saw a police officer struggling to get his vehicle through and gave up wouldnt be suprised if the lorry drivers get a ticket

TruckDriverBen:
i saw it too, i heard it was because a lorry broke down in that separate section of motorway, tbh it was lane 3 and had width restriction on the last lane i saw a police officer struggling to get his vehicle through and gave up wouldnt be suprised if the lorry drivers get a ticket

Depends when he went into the third lane as last night lane 1 and 2 was shut so everyone had to go in the single lane bit.

Rowley010:

TruckDriverBen:

Depends when he went into the third lane as last night lane 1 and 2 was shut so everyone had to go in the single lane bit.

He won’t get a ticket as they were sent through there due to the roadworks, one of our lads was stuck behind for several hours.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

They crossing live lanes to go to McDonald’s, WTF. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silver_Surfer:
They crossing live lanes to go to McDonald’s, WTF. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know right! When they would only have had to cross 2 lanes to get to burger king! :smiley:

ive seen many hgv use that singal 3rd lane heading north surprised worning have not been post up about using it or a camera mounted on a brigde to catch any drivers who should nor be in that lane.