Time and a half?

A general question here, should weekend work be paid at a higher rate than during the week? I currently get paid full day rather than hourly.

The same goes for the xmas period, what days should I expect to be paid at a higher rate?

Xmas eve and boxing day?
Hogmanay and the 2nd?

Saturdays, Sundays, bank holidays, Easter Sunday, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve, New Years day should all be on a higher rate however there is no legal entitlement to a higher rate.

In an ideally world all of them
In reality. Probably get 1.5 plus day in lieu.
As far as I’m aware there is no legal requirement to pay workers extra for bank holidays weekends etc.
As long as your paid at least minimum wage .

Yes I get paid more for weekends , no
Idea
About Xmas as packing up week before & if
I come back to work it won’t be
Before April

No legal requirement to be paid anything extra,
Many Companies change their pay structure to give a higher "cross the board " hourly rate irrespective of what day of the week or year, with the exception of shift working ie afternoons/nights,giving a 24/7 operations
The problem some have is they join a Company after the change and cant understand why they dont get premium rates.

dozy:
Idea
Before April

Really we will miss your Friday postings you are a legend here.

dozy:
Idea
Before April

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
between this reply and the original post,then im thinking its could look like a battle of wits between unarmed opponents…quality posting throughout here. :unamused:

Tonymcg:
A general question here, should weekend work be paid at a higher rate than during the week? I currently get paid full day rather than hourly.

The same goes for the xmas period, what days should I expect to be paid at a higher rate?

Xmas eve and boxing day?
Hogmanay and the 2nd?

‘‘SHOULD’’ is the operative word, whether you ‘ARE’ or not depends on whether or not you work for a crap firm and/or if you are willing to do it or not.
I was talking to a mate who was on 24 quid an hour I think it was for a Saturday, it put my 12 quid to shame, but that’s the difference between a Union backed co and a crap one. :bulb:

It was once commonplace for time and a half to double time to be paid, but drivers being drivers handed that privilege back on a plate, a combination of that and Unions being kept down just reduced proper t.s and c.s in the job.

As for Christmas Day and NY day working…anybody who agrees to work for normal time is either a bend me over artist, an idiot, …or both. :bulb:

WheelsofCardiff:

dozy:
Idea
Before April

Really we will miss your Friday postings you are a legend here.

:laughing: That’s one word to describe Dozy :laughing: I can think of some more, but the mods might block it :wink:

dozy:
Idea
Before April

But you were complaining about not being paid on time last week as you couldn’t afford the rent, food etc … yet despite being agency you are allocated your own unit that is immaculate.

On your bike

Dozy … the comedy gift that keeps on giving

When Tilcon owned our quarry we got rate and three quarters for both sunday and nightwork but that dropped to rate and a half when Tarmac took it over. Tarmac were good at doing things like that! :unamused: When I actually drove for Tilcon before they sold the fleet off and were paid hourly saturdays were paid at time and a half but we rarely worked nights.

Pete.

I get time and a half for overtime.
Overtime is counted as anything over 42 hours in a week. I normally do 55-60 hours so it slightly makes up for the crap hourly rate