About to jump in good advice needed

Im new to the forum and come seeking solid advice.

-Im 29 years old, i completed my HGV Class 2 and PSV license in 2013.

-I was employed as a bus driver for First Bus for around 2 years finishing in 2016.

-since then Ive been employed as a van driver driving xlwb and luton vans, mainly involved in multidrop home/store deliveries in that time. For one company. This included nights away sometimes.

-i have been suspended (for false reasons), however essentially for not agreeing to change details of my contract (separate issues as they are getting taken to an employment tribunal once sacked next week).

-I have money to complete my Cpc training, and can afford no more than 2 weeks out of work.

-I live right on the M1/M62 link so im surrounded by bradford, leeds, halifax, wakefield and huddersfield etc. All within half an hour.

So my question with the above info If i get my CPC completed in say the next fortnights time will anyone realistically take a chance on a unexperienced hgv driver who hasnt driven them since passing 6 years ago. But had good bus driving experience for a big company.
I am willing to apply online, walking through company doors with cvs asking for chances, phoning companies etc… etc…
Do i take a chance on agencies to get experience if im really desperate to get money in as i can still apply elsewhere.

All feedback would be a massive help!
Thanks,
Matt.

Hi Matt. I believe you know the answers already! Be really pro-active in your job hunt, carrying such as hi vis etc in your car in case of an immediate start. Yes, it does happen.

If you dont get anywhere, get on the agencies. They have a poor name overall but can serve a useful purpose ie work whilst you find something permanent.

If you end up following that route, you could also make yourself known to local coach operators and I’m sure you’ll get some work there as well.

One way or another, you should be fine.

At the first opportunity, get your CE and that will open more doors, increase your employability and earning potential.

Good luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
Hi Matt. I believe you know the answers already! Be really pro-active in your job hunt, carrying such as hi vis etc in your car in case of an immediate start. Yes, it does happen.

If you dont get anywhere, get on the agencies. They have a poor name overall but can serve a useful purpose ie work whilst you find something permanent.

If you end up following that route, you could also make yourself known to local coach operators and I’m sure you’ll get some work there as well.

One way or another, you should be fine.

At the first opportunity, get your CE and that will open more doors, increase your employability and earning potential.

Good luck with it all, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for the response, i feel slightly more positive now! :slight_smile:

Go to adr network in Wakefield, they usually have some work going at dhl debenhams Sherburn or m&s Bradford

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk