Hazzard perception tips?

Im happy with my theory test practice results but wont stop revising till test day as theres no point in stopping now. Average is 95 to 97%

My main issue is hazzard perception.
Pass rate is 68%
Im averaging 60.
However much i try, i cant get any higher.
On some scenarios im doing great but others im scoring zero’s.

Any hints or tips other than keep practicing?

Cheers Rich

This old chestnut!! Your problem may well be that you’re seeing the hazards and clicking straight away. This will often result in a zero score. There is a “window of opportunity” with the highest score being awarded that the start of the window and the lowest scores being at the end. The knack is to click when you see the hazard, count “one, two” (or say "banana) then click again. If the first click is too early, the second one will save you. But if the first click scores, the second one will be ignored - so nothing to loose.

This is advice I’ve given for the last 20+ years since the test started and I guarantee it works.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Apparently an old chestnut indeed.
I know a few drivers and it seems to be the part of the test that catches most people.
I’ll give it a try over the next few days and report back.

Thanks for the tip.

Rich

As peter said, you may be clicking too early.

I used this method when I did my hazard perception and it worked a treat. Passed the mock tests and actual test no problem.

Wish I new about it when I did my car test as I sat the theory 4 times. I was almost going to the xmas party I was there that often.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well i tried it and I think it works :smiley:.
Its loaded on my works computer and usually spend an hour or so practicing when everyone has gone home.
But one of those evenings with people milling around and distracting me.
So out of 19 clips i pretty much wrote the 1st 12 off and still managed my 60% average!!!
Got a constant 4 to 5 points and a 10 pointer(clips 13 and up)!
Got more time tomorrow so will have the time to myself.
Any one know what the click limit is?
Think I’m upto 7 per clip now and dont want to over step the mark.

Great tip. Thank you.

Peter,im 75 retired,38 years up the road and i have absolutely no idea of what your saying and telling men what to do .I.E.
:CLICKING:

I assume it must be a test method ,and for the years i have been on here you seem to be the man,to get men or ladies through the now minefield, and pass,i have no idea about all the classes etcmy days were different, but what’s the clicking-double , please enlighten me.peggydeckboy.

peggydeckboy:
Peter,im 75 retired,38 years up the road and i have absolutely no idea of what your saying and telling men what to do .I.E.
:CLICKING:

I assume it must be a test method ,and for the years i have been on here you seem to be the man,to get men or ladies through the now minefield, and pass,i have no idea about all the classes etcmy days were different, but what’s the clicking-double , please enlighten me.peggydeckboy.

Hows that ?

Hi peggydeckboy. Since 1997, we have been blessed with the theory test - for better or worse. The “clicking” refers to a technique for passing the hazard perception part of the test.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Nice one ROG,lol.
Thanks PETE no doubt I would not be passing any test soon.the though of sitting in a class room .
iexpect if a person not connected to the industry would find tution intresting , for me like thousands of other old time drivers it was very different it soon became second nature. no training what so ever as you probly know.dbp

Peter.
Thanks for your advice.
Had an evening on the computer.
Did a couple of 100 question theory tests mixed in with a load of hazzard perception tests.
Hitting 95% on the theory and now with the second click averaging 80%.
Will carry on untill my license is returned from doing my medical and apply for my theory.

Thanks again.

Think I’ll be in touch when the time comes to do the practical.

Rich