Looks like the Pit Stop could be following the Fox

I stayed at the Pit Stop truckstop near Bromsgrove yesterday and over heard the lady behind the counter telling another driver they have set a petition up as the owners are wanting to shut it down. I saw the petition and signed it and it said that the owners are wanting to demolish the whole place and build a new petrol station however there will no longer be pumps for HGV’s and also no overnight parking :unamused:
I find it ridiculous as surely they make more money now with the parking and HGV fuel access than what they would by flattening the whole place and rebuilding from scratch?? Unless they’re going to build something like a Tesco Express on the land next to the new fuel station.

I don’t know this place as never been

But end of the day if the owner wants to sell up or been offered a decent price for his land then obvious he will sell. All they will care care about is.money in the bank

Every body has there price. Harsh as it sounds I don’t blame them.

I know hgv parking and fuel is.limited but you can’t blame them for taking the money

If they own the land they can sell or lease it to a company who will build them a new station, maybe the underground tanks are knackered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be a shame if it does.
Was one of my favourites.

There must be money on the extras as a petrol station near us which was very popular inc getting queues of trucks, was closed for 3 weeks.

They rebuilt the shop and put a Subway in there, although the HGV fuel still remains (no room for parking). Seems to do a lot of trade with the Subway so suspect it’ll pay for itself.

Petrol stations have made more off the shops, Subway / McDonalds / KFC etc than the fuel for a long time now, so likely would be worth it for these people too. Plus no discount fuel on fuel cards. (Have never understood how that makes sense for them).

There is a trend for sites to open up with subway/Costa/BK franchises, EE garages seem to be at the forefront of this expansion, followed by the 4 main supermarket chains

There not really petrol stations anymore.
More like mini motorway service stations.
And I hate them .
There’s an ee/bp near me. And the amount of car drivers who go there park on the pumps then go in come back about 20 mins later with a bag of shopping and a McDonalds then drive off without even buying fuel.
They cause chaos and at certain times bring the place to a standstill

Shouldn’t the Hunt follow the Fox?

Money talks unfortunately and it’s all about profit per sq foot of floor space and a shop beats a hgv parking space hands down. Also with all the electric car stuff do they get grants for redevelopment of a site like this to provide electric charging points etc.

When I 1st saw the thread title I though it was about the pit stop turning into a swingers club like the old fox at colsterworth

Costbucks, bumsway etc normally rent the land and franchise the operation so the owner of the land has a guaranteed income for no outlay and very little risk.

Unfortunately these places are falling into the category where the property is worth far more than the profit they are likely to make over the coming years .
I have been in and out of vehicle repairs when not in transport and the reason that bodyshops have sold up is the buildings are worth more than forcasted profits .
Many regard the premises as their pension plan .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

peirre:
When I 1st saw the thread title I though it was about the pit stop turning into a swingers club like the old fox at colsterworth

If the stories about the fox are true, a swingers club was a bit tame.
They might well be Plastic chair jockey stories. Eg pudding wasn’t apple crumble. More like spotty ■■■■ with fish sauce.

That would be a shame, I often ate there. Great food.