Shepton Mallet info

Anywhere decent to park around there near to facilities, preferably where there’s a decent pub meal, (near hand to a service station or Maccy Ds for bog and coffee in morning would be handy.)
Will be there one night next week.
Cheers.

If going South from Bristol to Shepton , no facilities except a few laybys with no toilets .
If coming from the Frome direction , free overnight parking on the trading estate , McDonalds there with a Sainsbury’s .
Marston trading estate .Police station with Pizza Hut and a KFC .
If coming from the Warminster direction ,there is Warminster services with limited food available .
Other options are Gloucester services or Michael Wood then run to Shepton .
Overnight parking on Crown industrial estate , outside Gregory’s , there is a food hut open from 08.00 to 14 .00 called Meal Machine .

If you park overnight outside Gregorys ,it’s a 20 minute walk to Shepton for an Indian restaurant or a few minutes to Whitsones for a sit down fish and chip meal or a takeaway .

Other stops are free parking at Cartgate with a cafe off the A303 or free parking at Podimore services.

Just seen Toby’s post from 6 years ago on ‘‘Shep Mall delivery’’'thread.
Does that parking info still apply today or what, seeing as a lot of parking prohibitions have gone on from that time.
Anybody?

Rob, when I and some of our other drivers are going to Peter Green (I’m sure you’ve said you’ve been there ) we park up near Wincanton, by the Premier Inn if there’s room, or on the industrial estate opposite, we often load at Markus Products on that estate or at Wyke Farms on the other one nearby the next day.

Premier Inn for food and a few ales, there’s a KFC there too and a Morrisons about a 5/10 min walk away edited to add and a Lidl

google.fr/maps/place/Wincan … d-2.416007

From there straight up the 371, through Castle Cary, past Evercreech and on to Shepton.

pierrot 14:
Rob, when I and some of our other drivers are going to Peter Green (I’m sure you’ve said you’ve been there ) we park up near Wincanton, by the Premier Inn if there’s room, or on the industrial estate opposite, we often load at Markus Products on that estate or at Wyke Farms on the other one nearby the next day.

Premier Inn for food and a few ales, there’s a KFC there too and a Morrisons about a 5/10 min walk away edited to add and a Lidl

From there straight up the 371, through Castle Cary, past Evercreech and on to Shepton.

+1 when approaching from A303 east…

What Toby says about Whitstones chip shop, it’s a small local chain but the chips are spot on!!!
The whitstones also has a CO-OP next door too!!!

the nodding donkey:

pierrot 14:

I’ll be approaching from the North via Bristol lads tbh.

You could park at the showground as it sounds like you are going to Truckfest SW next weekend… :wink:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

pierrot 14:

I’ll be approaching from the North via Bristol lads tbh.

If you come in via the M32, and round the Bristol ring road, there’s a big bus stop/lay by set back from the road, just before the second r/b, with a pub (Willy Wicket) across the r/b. A bit further is Emerson’s Green, there’s a bit of parking there next the Sainsbugs RDC. Pub around the corner by r/b.
Theres a secret place in Bristol near a Wetherspoons, but it’s a bit of the beaten track.
The places between Bristol and Shepton have been covered above.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I got a pm from a lad telling me somewhere just outside Shepton so could well use it.

Also, after reading Toby’s last post I’m assuming his list from the other thread no longer applies?..but if anybody knows a secret little corner near the actual town around Toby’s older list on the other thread, ( maybe even just for 1 truck say, in the future), a pm would be appreciated, and btw I’m very discreet when somebody shares their ‘‘secret little places’’ with me…(Christ that sounded sooo wrong. :open_mouth: :laughing: )

Thanks for the Bristol info ND, but I intend to go down a bit further.

mrginge …That suggestion will be handy for when I next attend 'Truckfest SW as you said, so cheers for that bud. :wink:

I’m intending to go there in…let me think…errm

NEVER ever. :laughing: