Night Trunk Work Wilts/Somerset

Mate, has asked me what’s around in night trunk work, and don’t really know as not something I’m involved with.
He wants to be able to start after the missus has got back from work and get back to take the kids to school with the more time sat around whilst someone else is doing the tipping/loading the better. I’m guessing it’ll only be pallet hub work as don’t think there’s anything parcels around that area. I know there’ll be a lot of milk tanker work but less of an easy number. Anyone got any ideas?

Willmotts at Shepton?

I found it the most depressingly boring job ever.
If I had a diversion it was like a highlight of the week.

It’s seriously dull.

Also many firms don’t even let you stop for a toilet break or a coffee as the timing is that strict.

For night work try Valley transport in Frome , they haul milk tankers out of Arla dairy in Westbury and other night work trunking .
Sparkes at Glastonbury .
Gregory at Shepton Mallet on Palletline double deckers .
Massey Wilcox at Chilcompton .
Home Bargains at Amesbury .
Baileys employment agency in Melksham .
Wiltshire concrete firm , whose name I forget but run 24 hours ,a yellow fleet

From that list, Gregory’s sounds like a plan as they do Hazchem in Nuneaton (req ADR) and I think Palletforce near Burton on Trent (non ADR).

Lots of sitting around at those hubs however, as in possibly very boring unless you get one of the late runs (they have one drop / pickup at Hazchem around midnight to 1am).

Trouble with other types of nighttime trunk is the hours tend to vary daily whereas pallets tend to be pretty standard. Delays like roadworks of course not included.

Where in Wilts/Sometset? And how far can he travel?

Valley Transport used to be either Arla on the milk (easy, Westbury to dairy, andback), or APC parcels trunking to Birmingham and back. Money was crap, and Valley was a bit of a joke at Arla. Still, if you’re in, you’re in…