Trucking Vlog

So I am a class 1 wag n drag driver using a hiab delivering empty containers and cabins decided to vlog a typical day

Here’s a link let me no what you think

youtu.be/RFzMQG5UHcQ

Not a bad video although.i notice no Hi viz no hard hat. And am guessing no sfatey boots either.
And using hiab I’d of thought a hard hat would be mandatory .

I know if. Anything was to fall on your head it won’t really protect you that much anyway. But yeah

Fair point raised but hard hat isn’t a must whilst lifting.
You don’t even wear one during the test. Like you say a hard hat isn’t going to stop nearly 3t of container from hurting.

A hard hat can affect what you can see, I’ve just ripped the telephone lines down boss, my peak got in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a bad effort.
However, a few tips from me - bear in mind I don’t drive full time only when my main line of work is quiet. You might be able to work out what I do from my user name!!
Make sure your camera is mounted in a solid manner. The vibrations from the forward facing camera made me want to switch off.
Try not to use too much “fast forward”, Vloggers seem to have a mania for speeding things up all the time.
I would aim for shorter 10minute videos while you build your audience and learn the craft.
Always have the following in mind, A Beginning, a Middle and an End. You are telling a story and those three components are vital to get right.
Forget what others have done, and come up with your own unique angle. There are hundreds of Trucking Vlogs out there, but only a couple that I would take the time to watch. One of them is Matt Ireland from Trans Am Trucking and the other I enjoyed was a member of here, Luke Vernon. Both have very unique styles.
Try a different editing suite. If you want free search the web, plenty out there. If you want pro editing tools use something like Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro. I use adobe PP for all my pro aerial video work.
Consider also a proper mic setup, either something like a Rode Video mic or a good quality Lav Mic. Audio can make or break any video. I know this from experience…
Keep publishing content on a regular basis, nothing worse than leaving stuff for months. You can only get away with that when your channel is established.
All just observations from someone who works with video professionally. When you get really good, you can use a pro gimbal setup that I used the other day for stock footage!!

Gimbal_-3.jpg

Gimbal_-2.jpg

Thanks for your comment. Have taken in every bit of advise. The shaking camera at the start was recorded from a phone. Usually it’s from a go pro but forgot to charge it. Unfortunately I brought the gopro 7 white and cannot use external mic with it but will look into another way for better audio, maybe another gopro in pocket with a external mic clipped onto me. Am very much new to the whole thing of vlogging so it’s a huge learning curve.
Totally agree with both of those names. I’ve watched them both myself.

Just subscribed to your channel. Look forward to seeing it grow. Maybe if its possible I can get a shout out in the next one

On a serious note be carefull what you upload . Make sure your doing everything correct including wearing correct ppe.
As all it takes is for one person to get on his high horse report you to place you work for this causing you no end of problems

There are people out there like that with nothing better to do

happyhebridean436:
Just subscribed to your channel. Look forward to seeing it grow. Maybe if its possible I can get a shout out in the next one

Not a problem at all dean is it?

Itsahiablife:

happyhebridean436:

Not a problem at all dean is it?

No Martin :slight_smile:

I use my go pro can to record me and the wife. 10z speed. 20 second clips on youtube

Itsahiablife:
Thanks for your comment. Have taken in every bit of advise. The shaking camera at the start was recorded from a phone. Usually it’s from a go pro but forgot to charge it. Unfortunately I brought the gopro 7 white and cannot use external mic with it but will look into another way for better audio, maybe another gopro in pocket with a external mic clipped onto me. Am very much new to the whole thing of vlogging so it’s a huge learning curve.

No problem. You don’t need to spend out on the latest GoPro kit. As an example my goto GoPro kit consists of 3 Hero 4 Black’s all picked up s/h off Ebay. You still get 4K UHD if required and the ability to use external mics. I’ll try and post up a pic of some of mine this week. Great value for money, which is just as well as the “flying cameras” in my squadron have cost a fortune!!!
Keep up the great work, it will come and come naturally.

Good first effort but for my money, you spent far too much time on boring roads; yes I do want to see some, especially complicated bits (and getting lost), but not roadworks on a motorway. For me, the interesting part of your job is setting up the truck and lifting the loads - you fast forwarded that at the start and had the angles all wrong at the unload.

The point of a hard hat on your job is because it’s not unknown for someone to leave a heavy tool on the top of the box; a hammer on the noggin is pretty unpleasant.

Keep it up - it’s always interesting to see what other people do.

Santa:
Good first effort but for my money, you spent far too much time on boring roads; yes I do want to see some, especially complicated bits (and getting lost), but not roadworks on a motorway. For me, the interesting part of your job is setting up the truck and lifting the loads - you fast forwarded that at the start and had the angles all wrong at the unload.

The point of a hard hat on your job is because it’s not unknown for someone to leave a heavy tool on the top of the box; a hammer on the noggin is pretty unpleasant.

Keep it up - it’s always interesting to see what other people do.

The speed up bit at the beginning of the vid is part of the intro. The full lift is included in a previous video. The camera angles for the delivery lift I’m aware wasn’t the best but I’m new to this and still learning my style and have since purchased a load of different mounts to get better footage for the next vlog.
I knew nothing was ontop of the container because I had checked it in the morning before I drove it 100 miles up the road.

Stevie Blokes_Vlogs on you tube, always cracks me up & reminds me of a driver i had that took his mrs everywhere

watch out for stalkers . i got stalked after going on youtube several yrs back ,in fact i got stalked 4yrs but never found out who.

A WARD:
Stevie Blokes_Vlogs on you tube, always cracks me up & reminds me of a driver i had that took his mrs everywhere

Interesting work, the sort of bloke you don’t want to be sat in a waiting room with, complaining about having nowt to complain about.

Only one I can watch is Daniel Scott, interesting European event work and a young lad with a bit of enthusiasm doing a job he clearly loves. Living the life I like to think I would if I had another chance , no commitments etc. Crack on lad

Itsahiablife:

You can get a USB to 3.5mm adapter and a cheap clip on mic. I used one with my Hero 3 and that was fine.

Radar19:

Itsahiablife:

You can get a USB to 3.5mm adapter and a cheap
clip on mic. I used one with my Hero 3 and that was fine.

Hero 7 white doesn’t accept external mic

Here’s another of my vlogs.
Very early stages and still learning my style and how to edit and camera angles so please bare that in mind.

youtu.be/1uER6dEDdBA