Cant say about pay etc, but the lidl working way is the same throughout the uk, the lot i work for got a few lorries on the lidl contract in avonmouth and exeter. Its a lot of exercise, you load your own trailer on 2 seperate bays, ambiant and chilled, usually 2 drops per a trailer. When at store you tip yourself and reload with recycling and returns, when back at depot they have a seperate bit for unloading, where you put each pallet in its own lane, from cardboard, to out of date food returned for recycling and product recalls. If your unlucky they will chuck you on a second run, a local where it will be full trailer for one store. Its a full days graft, but down bristol it pays well, usually between 34-39k a year. It is good if you want to lose weight :laughing: oh and they bays on near enough every lidl i done are very awkward. It was a good learning curve for me, having just passed my class 1 when i was on it.

The shifts are 4 on 4 off, do you know what type of shift patterns they do, nights or days or a mix, also how long is the average shift

Rich2012:
The shifts are 4 on 4 off, do you know what type of shift patterns they do, nights or days or a mix, also how long is the average shift

I think it usually depends on the company what they will put you on for shifts, down here its a mix, the lot i work for you can choose your pattern, or mix it up, but then schroeder bros, who also work lidl contract, mix the shift patterns, 2 weeks days, 2weeks lates. You wouldnt have a ‘short day’ as such, because they will work it so you either do 2 stores with a 2/3hr drive or 3 local stores which can be 3 trailer loads, I wouldnt expect anything less then 11/12hrs days to be honest, it takes about 1 to 1hr 30mins to load once you get the hang of the paperwork, then say you got 2 stores to deliver too, plus your breaks. Dont listen to what every says about putting it on break whilst tippin at stores, it seems to be the done thing, but you end up doing 12hr shifts with out actually sitting there and having time to think or put your feet up and chill out.

bristolrob:
Dont listen to what every says about putting it on break whilst tippin at stores, it seems to be the done thing

Meaning…

You tip/load whilst showing a break and never actually have a break during the day?

If that’s the case, you’re a fool.

yourhavingalarf:

bristolrob:
Dont listen to what every says about putting it on break whilst tippin at stores, it seems to be the done thing

Meaning…

You tip/load whilst showing a break and never actually have a break during the day?

Yeah, i just realised i worded that wrong :blush: it was meant to say, dont listen to other drivers about putting it on break whilst tippin at stores, it seems to be the done thing. In other words, take your breaks properly, and dont listen to the heroic drivers who gets runs done in x amount of time because they have it on break whilst tipping.

YAY…

:smiley:

Yeah tip yourself… but wait hours for a bay and a few more hours for the paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark1284:
Yeah tip yourself… but wait hours for a bay and a few more hours for the paperwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoosh…

Rich2012:

[zb] of a job.

yourhavingalarf:

bristolrob:

Meaning…

Virtually every subbie pays a day rate, because they want the wagon back for the opposite shift.Awful job.If there was a limit on hours walked,you’d be over your weekly limit every week.

That’s handy for VOSA or whatever they call themselves this week, just pull a Lidl’s wagon over after self tipping at a store, bingo :laughing:

Juddian:
That’s handy for VOSA or whatever they call themselves this week, just pull a Lidl’s wagon over after self tipping at a store, bingo :laughing:

Well they’ve been doing it at some Lidl/Aldi self tip places for some time now so they may aswell cover the entire supply chain :laughing: