Bridge Height

for example, there is a bridge local to us at Chelford that is very much arched and marked at 12’ 9" there are no width lines showing where the bridge is 12’ 9", in this case is the whole width of the bridge 12’9" or above

The part of the bridge that crosses over the road should be the marked height but if in doubt take the middle of the road.

Sent from my mobile.

tachograph:
The part of the bridge that crosses over the road should be the marked height but if in doubt take the middle of the road.

Sent from my mobile.

No. O.P. doesn’t say how tall his vehicle is, but if in doubt find another route.

I Google mapped…

Chelford. The closest one I could find is a 13’ 3" arch on the B5359 Alderly Road. It does have marking strips but it’s been battered so many times, they may well have fallen off.

google.com/maps/@53.2774839 … 312!8i6656

yourhavingalarf:
I Google mapped…

Chelford. The closest one I could find is a 13’ 3" arch on the B5359 Alderly Road. It does have marking strips but it’s been battered so many times, they may well have fallen off.

google.com/maps/@53.2774839 … 312!8i6656

\the google map is from September 2012, sure that is now 12’ 9" now with no width marking I go under it in my car most days, the question was more general than specific to this bridge.

WhiteTruckMan:

tachograph:

No. O.P. doesn’t say how tall his vehicle is, but if in doubt find another route.

The OP was asking about bridge heights not the vehicle height :unamused:

tachograph:

WhiteTruckMan:

tachograph:

True, but I wasn’t replying to him. Your advice would have him running the risk of at least scraping the bridge.

id suggest 12 9 is the lowest point

WhiteTruckMan:

tachograph:

WhiteTruckMan:

tachograph:

True, but I wasn’t replying to him. Your advice would have him running the risk of at least scraping the bridge.

Nonsense, the question was about the height of an arched bridge where there are no goalposts, assuming the vehicle is low enough to go under the signposted bridge height how the [zb] is it going to scrape the bridge just because he plays on the safe side and goes through in the middle of the road.

You’re now saying ‘… assuming the vehicle is low enough to go under the signposted bridge height…’ Now you’re making assumptions that the OP never mentioned.

I go back to my original point, which is, if you’re not sure, don’t do it. Neither is driving a truck under a bridge to see if it will fit, which is what you seem to be advising :unamused: . But I can’t be arsed arguing this anymore, so tell you what: You do it your way, and I’ll do it mine.

End of.

WhiteTruckMan:
You’re now saying ‘… assuming the vehicle is low enough to go under the signposted bridge height…’ Now you’re making assumptions that the OP never mentioned.

I go back to my original point, which is, if you’re not sure, don’t do it. Neither is driving a truck under a bridge to see if it will fit, which is what you seem to be advising :unamused: . But I can’t be arsed arguing this anymore, so tell you what: You do it your way, and I’ll do it mine.

End of.

You’re on the wind up, aren’t you?

You will be fine on a tall motorcycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk